- advertisement -

tempur-pedic like mattress? anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by fredntan2, May 16, 2011.

1. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

so I was out shopping for my dd a new mattress. she's 19-her current matrress is really old apparently. got it when she graduated from crib.

so she wants a tempur pedic like her friend has. like the classic style. but I don't like price. found a knock off brand at Sleepy's made by Sealy

http://www.sleepys.com/webapp/wcs/s...551&productId=36881&catalogId=10602&langId=-1

its about half the price of the tempur pedic.

then I found lots strickly online for cheap-like 3-400$

thoughts? opinions? I know you'll have lots of those. lol

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I've got a tempur-pedic pillow. It's nice, but it weighs a TON. A mattress in this stuff would be impossible to move, I think. And it gets hot and I've heard that the mattresses do the same which I think would be miserable in the summer.

Has she slept on one? Or is she just impressed by the idea of it?:p

3. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I have a true Temper-pedic and I love it. My hips have not hurt since we got it :)

I don't know about the knock offs..

4. txmom

txmom Approved members

I have had a king size tempur-pedic for 10 years and I love it. It is heavier than a regular mattress but we are able to move it without much difficulty. We live in Texas and I have not noticed any temperature difference between this mattress and others.

It does take a couple of weeks to get used to sleeping on this type of mattress but it is well worth it in my opinion. They are expensie but they last forever.

Obviously I haven't priced them for years, but they are really good beds.

5. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

We have a temper-pedic like mattress the thing is a dream I wouldnt trade it for the world. We got ours from amazon it came via ups and it was shipped vacuumed sealed in a huge bag that was then in a huge box. I think it weighed 90+ pounds from what the label said. Once I got it up to our room and unpacked it I let it sit for a few hours before laying on it it had a bit of foamy smell to it which dissipated in about 3 days. Here is a link to the one we got

http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovat...37JM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305581140&sr=8-2

It truly is an amazing mattress at a fraction of the cost of the temper-pedic ones.

6. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

We have the Bodipedic from QVC purchased on EZ pay. It is my most prized possession. Loved it so much we got them for the kids too. I will never go back to a spring mattress. In comparison it is a torture chamber.

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

8. fredntan2

Is this mattress comparable to the tempur pedic classic? now did you have to get a new box spring? mine is the traditional slatted kind

9. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

We purchased a king size Temper-pedic mattress set about 10 months ago. EVERY night dh gets into bed sighs and says, "I love my bed...oh, and i love you too." :). It is so very comfortable. It took me a couple of weeks to really get used to the firmness and to break it in and there was a definite temperature difference between the old and new mattress, but I am used to that now. It was priced similarly to other high end mattresses at the mattress store - and it comes with an amazing warranty.

10. fredntan2

That's funny.

One day im sure she will leave and go off to college.might as well make her comfortable.

11. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

We just used our low profile box spring we had from our original set up it was only 2 years old but we got such a great deal on this mattress we couldn't pass it up and I have always wanted a tempur pedic like mattress but when we were shopping for it before it was way out of our price range. its a very firm foam but once your on it it starts molding to you right way and there are 2 types of foam on it. We never get hot like I thought we might from it and its had done wonders for my bad back and my hips. It also has a very good warranty on it I would have to find my paper work to get the details but cant really lose with it. :D

12. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

That does it--I NEED a memory foam mattress! I swear, you guys could sell me anything! :p

13. fredntan2

I've been looking at the online mattresses-those of you that bought one strickly oneline- which one did you get and do you love it just as much as the tempurpedic?

I went to another store and tried the off brand they had-was 900 side by side with the tempurpedic-the lowest one was 1400. granted the tempur pedic did feel better. she wants a firmer foam mattress.

but these 300-400 dollar mattresses I'm seeing online are really hard to pass up. on most I'm seeing a 75$ return shipment deal if you aren't completely satisfied

14. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

The QVC version is called Pedicsolutions. The only thing I would have done differently is get the kids queen or king size instead of full. They are going to use them for many years. My king size is heaven!!!!