- advertisement -

Tegaderm

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Chippy28, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

I picked up some Tegaderm from CVS to try under my infusion sets and CGM sensor as I think I am becoming allergic to the adhesive. Anyway, I used it for the first time tonight. I placed my new set about 1.5 hours ago and the tegaderm is already peeling at the edges. If this keeps up, I will lose the set by the morning. Did I do something wrong or do I just have weird skin that rejects adhesive?:D

2. sheila

sheila Approved members

What number of Tegaderm are you using? I have some Tegaderm HP (holding power) that I can send you some of if you want to try it.

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

We also love the HP version of tegaderm. It's stickier and a bit thicker so it's easier to work with. We use it under Insets and have not had a single site peel up or come off since. I cut a 4x4 into quarters and round the edges so there no corners to peel. Before trying Tegaderm HP Insets fell off in her sleep and in the tub all the time. I hope you're able to find a good solution.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  4. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

I just picked up the regular tegaderm. I wanted to make sure I really did have an adhesive allergy before asking my endo for a Rx and then going through my insurance. Apparently I will be making a call on Monday morning to get a Rx for Tegaderm HP!!

Sheila, thanks for the offer but that's not necessary.:)

5. lilwitte

lilwitte Approved members

I am allergic to regular tegaderm, but not allergic to tegaderm HP. I called 3m, the company that makes tegaderm, and informed them that I was allergic to tegaderm and they sent me free samples of the HP before I purchased it.