- advertisement -

teenage boy+diabetes kit=not cool

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dbz2988, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Stacey Nagel

Stacey Nagel Approved members

My son Jesse , 16.5, has been using a Nike sling/string backpack to carry his D supplies in , for at least 5 years. Thsy're between 8-10 and usually lasts a year before I replace it..
    Stacey

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Either with velcro (I could do this) or I might see if the shoe repair shop could put a heavy duty snap as the closure (he fixes handbags, so he might have a better idea;))

3. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

The mini backpack Emma carries at school is great for all her d supplies. Everything has its own pocket or place and the pack is very durable. Here is the site, maybe your son could find one here he likes: http://www.ful.com/2index.cfm

4. mishcoto

mishcoto Approved members

We used one of those insulated lunch boxes with a handle and some idiot waitress asked what it was one time and we told her he had type 1 diabetes and she said (twice!) "Oh so now he has to carry a purse!" I could have smacked her.

5. dbz2988

dbz2988 Approved members

Those are pretty cool, a little on the bigger side though but definately more his style.
    Thanks!

6. dbz2988

dbz2988 Approved members

We just found something like this (packed away in our attic!) that he's going to use to carry his small case and the extra's that don't fit in the case. This will do for now and if he likes it and it works for him, I'm fine with that!:D

7. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

8. kevin@diabetech.net

kevin@diabetech.net Approved members

I'm thinking that a bag that looks like a giant pocket on a set of cargo pants and velcros to the pants might be cool (half joking).

9. PokesforLife

PokesforLife Approved members

We have 2 kits.....one is in a insulated lunch bag that one went with us to football parctice and games with an icepack in it. The other is just a shaving kit bag. It has two main compartments and a couple extra pockets. Neither are or flashy but my 13 year old doesn't mind either. The shaving bag one doubles for sleep over things too (tooth brush and deod.) plus his D stuff!!

Just my 2 cents