- advertisement -

teacher issues

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by melaniej, Nov 21, 2007.

1. melaniej

melaniej Approved members

my sons teacher announced to the class yesterday afternoon that she would be bringing in doughnuts today as a reward for good behavior she is well aware the Tyler has cd and promised him popcorn ( he was not thrilled )but before he left she told him popcorn couldn't happen the school sells it at lunch but due to vacation it would not be available today ... Tyler came home angry but wouldn't tell me why right away well by bedtime he was crying and begging not to go to school and finally this whole doughnut thing comes out WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER SHE DIDNT EVEN CALL ME to try to make arrangements did she really expect him to sit there and watch i cant begin to imagine a teacher being so heartless why would she bring in doughnuts when she knows one of her students has an allergy and yes i could send in gf doughnuts but they are not the same ty really doesnt like them and that's not the point i did not speak to her today due to my anger i wanted to calm down and will set up a meeting next week but i don't really know the best way to go about dealing with this in the future other parents and birthdays are one thing but shouldn't everyone be rewarded for good behavior equally :confused:

2. Laura

Laura Approved members

That makes me so angry. We had a teacher like that in 2nd grade. She said I needed to send gf treats because he would not be the majority so she would not be shopping for "his needs." That is why we left private school. This year his teacher asked me on the first day to send a list of things he can have for treats and she always makes sure whatever she gets is gf. I am sorry you are going through this and I'm really sorry your son has to go through it. I hate to see them upset when they just want to be kids.

3. 3js

3js Approved members

What a meany

That is so sad. There are only about a bazillion other things she could have done instead of donuts! I agree it is hard to get parents on your page, but the teacher should already be there. Why in the world would she even WANT to exclude him???

She could have:

rented a dvd for them to watch as a treat in the afternoon

given out stickers,pencils, McDonald`s coupons (not sure if gf is avail?)

given an extra gym period, MADE popcorn for everyone.

4. sheila

sheila Approved members

That S*CKS:(

Thankfully this has not happened to us, and hopefully won't. I would either send in a note or talk with her personally if it were me.

5. momx2withdiabetes

momx2withdiabetes Approved members

We had a teacher like this Right after my daughter was diagnosed and it was tough on her stopping all her favorite foods. This was kindergarten and her teacher once a week cooked Pizza , sugar cookies etc etc. Said it was a great way to teach a lesson. I was so mad !! By the way they where out at 10:30 am so this junk food was basically for breakfast !! I had a few meeting with her and the principle. Very flustrating
    but on a good note we have had several teachers call to see what she can have. ice cream floats have been a favorite : )Rice crispy treats etc. and p.s when theres cup cakes brought in my daughters ( I make so beautiful and tasty ) nobody can even tell the difference and all the kids are wanting hers : )

Sorry about this back him something awesome and give the teacher a call in the morning and let her know that you packed such and such since he was so torn up about missing out on a privelage/reward to the class !!!!

6. smileitsworthit

smileitsworthit Approved members

i know how he feels, in kindergarden there was extra milk and we got to dirnk it but i didnt because my teacher said i could not have it.. i was angry when i went home but when i went to bed i cried and didnt want to go to school :[ tell him i feel sorry for him

7. aklap

aklap Approved members

Are these made with Kellogg's Rice Krispies? If they are, they are not GF due to the malt added :(

There are several brands of GF "rice crispies".

8. cadesmom

cadesmom Approved members

The teacher is wrong for rewarding the class with food in the first place.

9. momx2withdiabetes

momx2withdiabetes Approved members

Aklap
    Nope made with gluten free brown rice cereal ; ) but Thanks for checking . I add peanut butter to ours and they are to die for : )

10. aklap

aklap Approved members

Way to go Mom!! That's an easy one for people to get caught on ;)