- advertisement -

Tape

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by zell828, Jun 17, 2012.

1. zell828

zell828 Approved members

We are having so much trouble with the Tegaderm "peeling" off literally. Two years ago it worked so well for us, even in water, but last year and this year it has been awful. IV3000 doesn't work either. Someone told me about Medipore, but I tried ordering it on Amazon and I got one on a roll that wasn't transparent and didn't seem very sticky.

Can someone lead me to something to use that works well? If Medipore does, can you give me a site where I can get it? I might have gotten the wrong one. Thanks.

2. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

I have had great luck with opsite flexifix. Both tegaderm and iv3000 don't stay on my skin but the opsite is great. It comes in a roll and you cut off how much you need. I get mine from diabetes wholesale and it is a reasonable price.

3. zell828

zell828 Approved members

Thanks, I will look into that!

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I love Hypafix. It also comes in a roll, it's a white tape like the tape that a pump infusion set is made of. It's the only one I tried which stays on consistently and doesn't irritate my skin. It's pretty cheap too. I bought it from Amazon and a roll lasts for a long time!

5. Jaredsmom

Jaredsmom Approved members

Hypafix worked great for us we tried the medipore and it is no sticky enough. We have also used tegaderm and it used to work but since hormones have started kicking in I think his skin just gets to oily for it to stay stuck. We did do one area of tegaderm over his Dexcom sight and put Hypafix all around the edges that seamed to work really well.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Big fans of Opsite Flexfix here. We order it online from Edgepark pharmacy.