- advertisement -

Tape at beach

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by coeen, May 22, 2013.

1. coeen

coeen Approved members

Hi,
    What is a good tape to put on sensors and infusions sited when a lot of swimming and beach time will be happening? We currently us Hypafix all the time and love it. It stays on in the bath but .... have not experienced any vacations with the pump and sensor. This will be the first excursion with pump and sensors. Will the Hypafix work well at the beach and in the ocean? Or is there better out there?
    Thanks

2. MelissaAL

MelissaAL Approved members

I am curious as well. We are going on our first beach trip since DD got her pump this summer. Right now, we use IV 3000 and it stays fine in the shower for the two days until it is changed.

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I would highly recommend opsite flexifix. I find it works better then hypafix in the water. If you do choose to use the hypafix in the water I would suggest rounding the corners of the tape before putting it on and using skin tac under it. Otherwise the corners tend to peel up and get sandy at the beach in my experience. Opsite though, is wonderful and you will not have that problem.

Amazon is generally the cheapest place to order it. 1 roll lasts 12-18 months for me using it on a weekly basis to tape sensors.

Here is a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Nephew-...id=1369265028&sr=8-1&keywords=opsite+flexifix

4. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Hypafix works well for us.
    My son wears his sensor on his arm, so when he is spending lots of time in the water we also wrap all the way around his arm with vet wrap.

5. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

we like Tegaderm film