- advertisement -

Tandem Diabetes Care Announces FDA Clearance of the t:slim(TM) Insulin Delivery System Smallest Insu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ellen, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

The look of the pump is fantastic.

300 unit cartridge is great!:D

Needing to recharge the pump battery every 7 days is not great. I'd like to option to have non-rechargeable batteries for camping, trips. So, a power outage happens at home the night that you need and plan to charge the pump, not great. It may not happen often, but having the back-up plan of non-rechargeable batteries is a feature I want.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I like everything I've read about this pump. :cwds:

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I totally agree with you here. An alternate battery source would be essential to us. Especially since we just had a whopper of a storm that left us with out power for a few days, and I had friends who were out for 10. Not having to worry about having to go sit in a Starbucks while I charge the battery would be good:eek:

Otherwise, I like what I see and think this pump has lots of potential.

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

From someone at Tandem: The battery is built in but you can charge it with something like these made by energizer. http://www.energizerpowerpacks.com/us/

6. momof2greatkids

momof2greatkids Approved members

Does this mean that we may start seeing movement from the FDA on other pumps that are waiting for approval?

7. Deal

Deal Approved members

For those looking for an integrated solution I skimmed the announcement looking to see if they had a CGM partner and didn't see one.

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Err, it's beautiful! :p

I want one. :eek:

9. selketine

selketine Approved members

I think this is the pump that William and I got to preview at the FFL in 2010 for a focus group. He has asked me when it is coming out ever since - he really like the look of it. Looks like an iPod. I'm sure they'll all look like iPods eventually but I think we'll hear more of teachers yanking infusion sites out when they try to take this away from the kid at school thinking it is a phone or iPod.

I read it is approved only for 12 and up. I suppose doctors will write scripts for it for the younger set anyway.

I wonder if the cost is similar to Animas and MM - anyone know?

10. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I wonder, with a rechargable battery, if the pump would be likely to last four years. Rechargable batteries rarely have four year warranties.

11. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

Hmm... expected launch in the first half of 2012?? *insert winey British tone a la Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka here* BUT DADDY - I WANT ONE NNNNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! :p
    Looks super promising. I wonder if a product like this that's super cool looking and very functional might entice some of the teens who struggle with that typical teen / adolescent burnout to get re-involved in their diabetes lives?

12. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

This looks really cool (and I image somewhat like what the new MM will look like)... but the touch screen would worry me.. we have buttons accidently pushed sometimes.. how easy would it be for a touch screen to go into accidental bolus mode.

I am happy to see something new on the market though.

13. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

This pump is much more sleek and sexy than NGP. NGP is thicker and does not have a touch screen.

14. swellman

swellman Approved members

I was also wondering if this is good device news overall.

15. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I wonder if it has a series of "buttons" that have to be touched in sequence before you can even begin to initiate a bolus?

16. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

And the Asante Pearl still isn't on the market - even after being approved May 17 (6 months ago).

17. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

It has USB connectivity , so I think you can recharge it on a computer or a car adapter.

18. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Tandem Insulin Pump

There is a big discussion on this pump on Facebook. An endocrinologist has responded with a lengthy reply there. 43 replies so far.

19. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Would you be able to give a link to where this discussion is?

20. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members