- advertisement -

Talk me down from the edge!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lynn, Feb 19, 2009.

1. lynn

lynn Approved members

You guys are all good to me. Thanks.

Nathan's numbers have been a bit crazy today so I was thinking something is up. When I was snuggling him before bed he felt warm: He has a fever. So I guess I have a reason for the wacky number and ketones this morning.

You better believe I'll be checking him tonight.

2. Janimal

Janimal Approved members

Lynn,

I know how you feel. My son's BG are so unstable overnight. I now automatically wake up every night around 3 & I am then compelled to check. This is one time I particularly love the sensor. I look at the sensor & if it is less than 100, greater than 140 or trending up or down, I will do a fingerstick . Also, the arrows let you know how fast it is moving. A 190 fingerstick with a sensor reading of 140/double up arrows tells me he needs a bigger correction than just a 140.

3. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

This is just a weird coincidence, is he getting sick? Or did something happen to his site? Youhad every right to get some sleep, please cut yourself some slack...:cwds:

4. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I know you posted this before my post, but I hadn't read it I promise...See, a coincidence...NOT your fault:D

5. Wendyb

Wendyb Approved members

Doesn't this disease jus tick you off. I think this is exactly the part that stinks the most. Things just aren't consistant from day to day. With my personality---this just drives me crazy. You made the best choice at the time. I hope you get some time to sleep this weekend. WE all understand.

6. Kelly

Kelly Approved members

(((HUGS)))

Diabetes can drive you nuts at times. You did nothing wrong, diabetes just throw a curve ball. :cwds: