- advertisement -

T1D Film Looking for Home Videos

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jessh, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jessh

jessh New Member

I am part of an award-winning production team producing a short documentary film with a grant from the Simons Foundation in New York. The film will look at the story behind the discovery of insulin and how it illustrates important scientific principals. In the film, we talk about life before insulin for a type 1 diabetic child and how the disease was a death sentence. We hope to end the piece with homemade videos of children today injecting themselves with insulin. We want to focus on the importance of the drug and celebrate scientific advancement and discovery.

We are looking for type 1 diabetic children who might be interested in participating in our film and recording their own injection videos to be part of the documentary. These videos could be recorded at home on a smart phone or point-and-shoot camera and sent to us. I would be happy to talk to any family who would be interested in participating to give them more information, etc. Please message me if you are interested!

Best,
    Jessica