- advertisement -

T1 Mom with newly dxd 3-year old daughter

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tifales, Mar 21, 2011.

1. tifales

tifales Approved members

Hello,
    Sorry to do an introduction after posting so much today...

I'm excited to have access to this forum. When I was diagnosed in 2001 at age 29, I spent tons of time on the Joslin forums trying to learn as much as I could. Between that and support groups, I definitely saw the value of real-life experience in addition to what the docs have to say.

My daughter was just diagnosed in Dec. 2010, so we're currently learning how different it is to work with your child's diabetes than your own. Luckily my husband is wonderfully supportive and a huge help.

I'll definitely have lots of questions about children and diabetes since I was diagnosed as an adult and didn't grow up with it. In addition, I would love to talk with other T1 parents who also have T1 kids -- it can be difficult to manage my own diabetes as well as my daughter's, not to mention the guilt that I sometimes feel.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing all of your knowledge and experience!

Lesley
    T1, dxd 2001, Omnipod/Navigator
    Mom to Amalia (3 yrs), dxd 2010, Minimed Revel

2. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

Hi Lesley,
    So glad you posted here and so sorry about the dx for your little girl. There are some amazing people here with little one's who know so much! I'm wishing you a smooth path ahead as your family makes this adjustment. Your daughter is so lucky to have you and your knowledge to help her adjust!