- advertisement -

t-slim x2

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

What do we know about the t-slim x2? I just heard about it the other day and I was wondering are the changes dramatic or just small steps forward?

2. Mimikins

Mimikins Approved members

If I'm remembering correctly, the X2 is a bluetooth-enabled version of the TSlim. I don't think there's much difference between the X2 and non-X2 models, but the X2 will eventually allow for Artificial Pancreas-like algorithms to be used with the pump.

3. msschiel

msschiel Approved members

The X2's are supposed to be able to be upgraded (which I was told the regular T:slim was, too, when we got it last November). There are the different upgrade prices depending on when you bought it. I think we will just stay with the regular t:slim and wait until our 4 years are up and see what is new. We are quite happy with the G5/t:slim combo we have going on now.

4. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Thanks both. I had read that online but somehow it seemed like those changes were so incrementally small that they could not be the story. I think this upgrade, at this time, is just not enough for me to want to go out and get the upgrade. Even if they add a feature to suspend insulin during lows that won't be enough. What I could use is a way to treat highs automatically when they need multiple corrections. I could use a way to do a temp rate from a distance...like from my phone.

5. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

With this new pump you will be able to download "software upgrades" online. As it stands with your pump to upgrade you would be sending back your pump fior an upgraded pump when and if the G5 intergration comes out. with the new pump someone would "download a software upgrade" to there existing pump. I also read that it will have the cpacity to pair with multiple bluetooth enabled devices. So say they come out with a linked meter or meter remote, or a make it possible to upload to the cloud.

I know some Tslim pumps to not reverse correct back to target and only do so if bg is under 70. That was a big no no for us and why we did not go with the tslim ( besides not being able to use Apidra). So I gues it depends on if you are keen to being able to hav upgrades while within the 4 year period, the new pump will allow for it more easily.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I found this on Facebook that might give a bit more indormation about upgrades.

For those that keep asking... I finally got an answer from my Tandem Rep that *may* be slightly helpful with regards to APS (and the fact that it is not a candidate for #openaps). At least there is a time frame... Maybe if enough Tandem users flood their reps with the request, they will work faster. I am waiting, simply because I have no other choice.. but #wearenotwaiting PATIENTLY!!!
    "Regarding your APS question, we are working on it! Tandem will have a new pump by the end of the year that will be able to be “updated” as treatment algorithms are approved by the FDA. We will have an upgrade program for this pump and you can find info about this on our website.
    The first update will be integration with Dexcom G5 in 2017 and by the end of 2017 we will have an update for a hypo minimizer ( if the sensor predicts the glucose will drop below target the pump will suspend insulin until the glucose starts to rise) and by the end of 2018 we will have a hyper minimizer (will deliver insulin if sensor predict glucose will rise above target). Updating will simply mean you plug your pump into our update software on your computer and get the update, you will not need a new pump. A remote feature is in the works, I am sorry I don’t have any specific info on the time frame for this."