- advertisement -

SureTs have arrived!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by shekov, Nov 19, 2009.

1. shekov

shekov Approved members

Both dd and I did a little happy dance.

We've been having major issues with quick sets kinking lately due to a sticky serter and flinching...long story..but we've been doing WAY too many site changes and correction injections ( which upped the flinching, which upped the kinked sites, etc)

I popped in the Sure T and her little face lit up. "I didn't even feel it!!! And no shot right?" Well, no propmises but ....NO shot. :D

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Yeah! Glad she liked it. Here's to hoping for much smoother sailing here in.

3. mph

mph Approved members

Glad she is happy! :D Anything that makes D a little more tolerable is wonderful!!!!:cwds:

We've been using the Sure-Ts for a year and a half and have had NO problems at all with them. In fact we absolutely LOVE the whole MM system (MM 522, Sure-Ts, integrated CGMS)!:)

4. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Glad she is liking the Sure-T. We tried our first this week as well, due to same reasons you mentioned. DD was a little agitated at first, but warmed up to the new setup after a little while.

In the third day though, we had what seemed to be a site failure, similar to a kinked Quickset. She went high after breakfast, then no response to a correction so really high by late morning. Everything went fine before this. We had hoped to get 3 days out of them like we did with the Quicksets and weren't planning on seeing very high numbers like we did.

Is this typically how you know or find out it's time to change a Sure-T?

5. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

We use the Sure-T's occasionally and carry them as backups. I remember reading in the instructions that they're supposed to be replaced every 2 days vs. the 3 days with most other sets, probably due to contact with the needle. You may find that you'll have to replace them more often.

Best of luck!

6. shekov

shekov Approved members

We have always had to replace sites on day 2 with quicksets so am not worried about that.

Just getting 2 full days out of a set will be a huge relief to BOTH of us at this point. We were doing a change daily since i couldn't tell what was goofing the #s, a kinked site or stress from having to do injection correction and site change.

7. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

We've never had a problem with them and have found them so easy to use. That's why we carry them as backups in our D bag.

Good luck!

8. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

We love the sure-ts here. I love how the kinked cannula is no longer an area of concern!

We do three days every time.

9. Rhonda

Rhonda Approved members

we had the same problem with quik sets switched to the sure t going on 5 weeks now blood sugars good and zero site failure's

10. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

We have used sure-t's almost from the start due to kinking issues with the quick sets. We change sites every 4 days with no problems.