- advertisement -

sure T removal

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by Tommo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Tommo

Tommo Approved members

Hi - does anyone know a good way to remove the sure-T sets - we have recently started using them and although they are a big improvement to the silhouettes, I can't remove them without alot of bleeding and a very unhappy boy.

If anyone has any good ideas I would be very grateful, thanks.

2. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Try pinching the 2 plastic "wings" and pulling straight out. Perhaps you could loosen up the adhesive with a little baby oil before removal too.

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Adhesive remover applied liberally (let it sit for a minute or so to really get to work) plus peeling the tape up as much as possible before grabbing the "wings" and then pulling straight out seems to be the best method.

if you try to pull them by just peeling the tape off from one side like you would any teflon set, you're effectively ripping the needle out at an angle, which will hurt and it will bleed.

4. Tommo

Tommo Approved members

thank you, i will try some adhesive remover and see if i can improve things - (yes, that was the problem - it was coming out at an angle and hurting :eek:)
    many thanks again.