- advertisement -

Supporting KIDS with diabetes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mymommymommy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Mymommymommy

Mymommymommy Approved members

Hello all! I started a T-shirt campaign to raise awareness for KIDS with diabetes. I did this for my daughters 8 year diaversary.

I think as a community we do our best to support each other and we all have our own views and feelings about our kids living with diabetes. I think however when your in such a small community it's also easy to feel judged for the way you do things with your kid. I know I've felt it, and when it comes down to it, we're all just doing the best we can. What works for one may not work for all and we all have our own way of dealing. I find myself VERY passionate about trying to get more awareness for kids living with diabetes. I get beyond frustrated when people assume they know who has diabetes and why they get it. Now this may not be the same frustration you may feel. BUT because even my family doesn't seem to give a crap most of the time, I decided to do this t-shirt campaign to bring attention to KIDS with diabetes.

I'm posting here because it's hard to find people who care, people who are willing to forward to family and friends, to find people as passionate as I am about educating people about Type 1 diabetes. I'm only posting here because this is a community with people who are more likely to feel the way I do. Not to say that you all do, but some. I'm not posting here for people to tell me they don't like the shirt, it's simple, if you don't like it, don't reserve one. Easy. BUT if you do like the shirt, if it makes you giggle, if you understand what I'm trying to do, order a shirt, share with your friends and family because we only have 3 more days to try to reach our goal of 200, or they wont print the shirt.

http://teespring.com/supportng-kids-with-diabetes
    (if this doesn't link up, simply copy then paste)

Gretchen aka Presley's mom