- advertisement -

Support Caleb's Video - OmniPod Contest

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lorraine, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Lorraine

Lorraine Approved members

Hi all,

If you have a moment and don't mind giving this video a peek, Caleb and I would sincerely appreciate it. I put this together for the OmniPod contest.

Thanks for your support - the more views the better!

Lorraine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chqqZPYL40

2. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Lorraine! That is awesome!! Oh and Caleb is just a doll!! Outstanding job!

3. hrtmom3

hrtmom3 Approved members

He's such a cutie and the video is GREAT!!!

4. Rusty

Rusty Approved members

Good Job. I hope you guy's win that contest, Good Luck.

5. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Great job!!! Caleb's a sweetheart! :)

6. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

Great job! Caleb is so cute, too! Good luck.

7. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

Wonderful. :D

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Nice job:)

9. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Great video, cute kids!!

10. HeatherJakesMom

HeatherJakesMom Approved members

Excellent!!

11. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

So cute. 9, 10 characters.

12. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Great video kids really got a kick out of the butt shots

13. Lorraine

Thanks everyone! We appreciate the support.

The "butt shot" comment makes me laugh since that is so "Caleb" it doesn't even phase me!

Thanks again!

Lorraine

14. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

what is the contest for?

T has been running around the house with PJs just under his sites laughing everytime someone tells him to pull up his pants. So i totally understand boys surrounded by them

15. Lorraine

Hi -

Insulet is running a contest, asking users to make YouTube videos about how OmniPod makes their lives easier. Three winners will be featured on their website.

Caleb gets such a boost by the attention he gets from the YouTube videos I've posted on him. My intention was to increase D awareness and awareness of Faustmann's research. My niece had done a project for school on Type 1 and I had many pictures from that so putting together the first video was easy. I, however, had no idea the impact it would have on Caleb. It makes him feel special. Anything I can do to help him feel "special" rather than "different" I will put 100% into.

Thus our application for the contest... :)

Thanks for everyone's continued support!

View, view, view!! We're over 1,200 right now!

16. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

great job, Caleb is very cute!!

17. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

Haven't seen any others, but you guys definitely would get my vote!! Good luck!

:)

18. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

That was great!!! He is adorable and should be in A LOT of videos!!!! :)

19. Lorraine

OmniPod Contest Results - Thanks to all...

Hi again everyone.

Thank you all so very, very much for watching Caleb's video and passing it on to so many others. The response was truly overwhelming - more than we ever expected. We received so many heartwarming messages and comments - from people we know and those we didn't. Caleb's videos have connected us with people throughout the world and we now have friends in Italy, the Netherlands, the UK, throughout America and more. Caleb has enjoyed each any every one of your messages. I will be printing them all out and putting them away as a keepsake for him as a reminder of the love and support he has.

So the results are in - thank you all for being patient - so many of you have asked and we appreciate your interest. Caleb is one of the three winners! His video will be featured on Insulet's website and he will be receiving a flip camcorder. We have doubled the value of the camcorder and made a contribution in that amount to Dr. Denise Faustman's research at http://www.faustmanlab.org. Dr. Faustman is currently conducting human clinical trials of a therapy that reversed Type 1 diabetes in mice. It is the most promising research in our opinion to see a cure for Caleb and she is in great need of further funding to complete her trials. Here is a link to their most recent newsletter: http://www.faustmanlab.org/docs/newsletters/Faustman_updates_w08.pdf

Please forward this message of thanks on to anyone you may have asked to watch his video. This has been a wonderful experience for us - you have touched us in a way that we will treasure always. It means much more than the results of any contest.

Most sincerely,
    Lorraine, David, Colin, Caleb and Lila

Local Press Release:
    Danbury Resident Caleb Schlissel Winner in National Video Contest

Recognized for Sharing How OmniPod System
    Makes Diabetes a Smaller Part of His Life

Danbury, Conn., Feb. 24, 2009 – Danbury resident Caleb Schlissel today was named a runner-up winner in the OmniPod 'Making Diabetes a Smaller Part of Your Life' national video contest. The competition was sponsored by Insulet Corporation, the leader in tubing-free insulin pump technology with its OmniPod(R) Insulin Management System, to encourage OmniPod users to share their stories about how the innovative, tubing-free Pod makes it easier for them to manage their diabetes.

Six year-old Caleb was chosen by five judges who are OmniPod users for his video titled “OmniPod - Making Diabetes a Smaller Part of Caleb's Life” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9chqqZPYL40), and will receive a Flip Mino digital camcorder as his prize. Caleb was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes two years ago and his creative video depicts his struggle before going on the OmniPod as well as the freedom he has enjoyed since.

“Before starting the OmniPod, Caleb endured daily insulin injections and we had to plan our lives around a strict meal schedule,” his mother Lorraine Sisto explains. “Now he can focus on doing the things he enjoys, including swimming, music and playing sports. He is able to take an active role in his care. The OmniPod allows him to deliver his own insulin and he even helps change his Pod. He is learning at an early age how to be responsible about his diabetes and with the help of medical advancements like the OmniPod, he can do anything and eat anything he wants.”

Caleb’s endocrinologist, Raul Arguello, M.D., Chairman of Pediatrics at Danbury Hospital, says: “OmniPod has been instrumental in helping Caleb keep his diabetes under control while providing him the freedom to just be a kid and do all the things every kid wants to do. It’s great that he is being recognized for sharing his positive story with other diabetes patients.”

“We are delighted that so many of our customers shared their inspiring stories in an effort to motivate people of all ages with diabetes to live their lives to the fullest with OmniPod,” said Shawna Gvazdauskas, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Insulet.

20. phaunt

phaunt Approved members

Yay Congrats!! Great video :)