- advertisement -

Supplies stolen from front porch

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by hawkeyegirl, Feb 21, 2013.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

So our neighbor called today and told my husband that he saw a white car on Tuesday pull up in front of our house. Someone got out and took a package off of our front step, and took off. That package contained Jack's sites and reservoirs for the next 3 months. :(

They were shipped UPS. I know it's our own damn fault for not having them shipped signature required, but is there any chance anyone will do anything about this for us? UPS? Medtronic? BCBS? Any advice?

My only solace is that they must have been pretty disappointed when they opened the box. And I'm sure our supplies are in the dump somewhere. :mad:

2. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Wow, that's truly horrible. I think I would first confirm with UPS that delivery happened, and then I'd file a police report. Then maybe home owner's insurance would cover? I would also call medtronic and get a copy of the police report to them and see what sort of policy, if any, they may have for things like this.

Mean people suck.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

^ this is good advice.

But man, that stinks! Idiot.:mad:

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I checked online, and delivery definitely occurred. :( I am going to file a police report and also contact our homeowner's association president so he can send an email out to the neighborhood so other people can learn from my stupidity. I'm sure our homeowner's deductible is more than the value of the supplies, so that's out. I'm going to call our MM rep tomorrow and see if she has any extra sites lying around.

Other than that, I don't know which avenue is most likely to be fruitful. I have the feeling I am going to spend a loooooooong time on the phone tomorrow.

5. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

In your email I would also include the name of the company that may be on the box, or some other identifying type info. You could get lucky and someone may see it, assuming it was ditched nearby.

6. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

What a bummer! I hope the perp returns them, but I suppose that's unlikely. I have sites and reservoirs to spare if you need them.

7. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

When we were getting supplies shipped to us several years ago, they always said it would require a signature. Given that we are usually home, it was no big deal. But, I did note that the UPS person often just left the package at the door, never bothered to knock/ring the bell.

Hope you don't have too much trouble getting replacements.

8. bisous

bisous Approved members

Karla,

I just tried to pm you but I can't. If you pm me I might be able to help you!

Jen

9. lizzie

lizzie Approved members

I have some extra boxes of quick-sets that I would be happy to send your way. So sorry that happened to you!

10. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

You need to deal with the company that sent the item. You need to tell the company that sent the item you never received the item. Period full stop. Telling the sender the rest of the story is just extraneous information. The sender then replaces your product, and the sender deals with UPS to get reimbursement.

You may be contacted at some point by UPS to confirm that you never received the product. Make a sign visible at the front door that says "do not safe drop" this term is universal for fed ex, USPS etc. Many companies (the senders) write on their labels do not safe drop also. Advise the sender to write "do not safe drop" on your items from now on.

11. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

If you paid by credit card and have purchase protection insurance on your card, you can claim through the credit card insurance. You will have to file a police report to make the claim.

I hope you find a resolution.

12. swellman

swellman Approved members

Don't beat yourself up about this - I don't see it as stupidity. We ship EVERYTHING to our door without signature. We used to ship wine but that requires a signature and was the biggest headache ever.

I am watching to see how it gets resolved though.

13. Lee

Lee Approved members

You know we got your back...

14. LucyAmber

LucyAmber Approved members

I had a box with syringes, pen needles, and lancets stolen from my porch about a year ago. We live in a corner apartment, so no one saw it, but when we hadn't gotten the package after a week of ordering the supplies (we usually get them the 2 days after ordering) my mom called the pharmacy, and when they said that their records showed that the box had made it to our door, but we didn't have them :(

After that, they started sending a receipt, and a stamped envelope with everyone's mail orders that have to be sent back to the pharmacy when you receive an order.

I'm so sorry this happened :(

15. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

I'm so sorry this happened; I hope you were able to get some answers from the advice above!

16. selketine

selketine Approved members

I agree to report it as never arriving -or not at your door.

I know once or twice (not with diabetes stuff) the UPS tracking said my package was delivered but I found out later they had left it at the wrong house!!! I mean - how do you know for sure they didn't do that! One time it was a ham my brother sent for Christmas and the guy just kept it - LOL!

I think that way your supplies would get replaced at least.

So sorry this happened - I never have his supplies signature required either - I'm almost always home - but you never know.:(

17. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Agreed! On everything.

I have to say, each time I have asked Medco to do no sig required, they've dropped the ball. At least for us, our UPS guy hides the packages behind a bench on our porch, but I know most people who do this stuff follow the trucks around:mad:

Let us know what comes of this.

18. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We have one guy who subs for our usual who stands on the steps and just throws the package on the porch!

I like the idea of putting up a note to say it's not a safe drop.

19. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I am so sorry! We had supplies delivered to the wrong house one time. Said delivered but walked down the street and there it was at someone else's door. I hope they replace them for you!

20. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

We had an insulin package left at the wrong house during the middle of summer here in Georgia. The neighbor brought the package over to us when they got home at 9:00 at night. The insulin was of course ruined. We contact UPS and told them this. They went ahead and replaced all of the insulin and took care of everything, from contacting edgepark and make arrangements to have our order resent and paying for everything. We did not receive a bill and received the replacement insulin within a few days.