- advertisement -

Suggestions for pump pouch for long gown?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KarenLynn, Jun 10, 2010.

1. KarenLynn

KarenLynn Approved members

My 8 year old daughter is in a wedding and will be wearing a full length gown. Any suggestions for products to hold her pump? She currently wears a belt at the waist with a pouch, but I think that will be really difficult to access with the long dress. Has anyone tried the thigh or leg belts? Will they stay secure while dancing? Thanks for all your help.

2. MikailasMom

MikailasMom Approved members

My dd was a flowergirl in may and wore a full length gown. We just had her wear a slip and her reg pouch. Had I known that we would be loading her full of carbs all night at the reception even with the pump on a 75% temp basal I would have. She dropped into the 30's and 40's alot that night due to dancing. No recommendations on the thigh belt b/c we didnt use one but just watch her close! Have a great time!

3. Mom to S&S

Mom to S&S Approved members

I've done two different things for dressier dresses. My daughter has some knit camisoles that I added a pocket to the center of the back. I can just reach down the back of her dress and pull out the pump. The other thing I've done when a camisole wouldn't work is have my alterations place split the side seam and add a pocket to hold the pump. I just had them leave a hole inside the pocket to thread the tubing through. Worked great. Good luck!

4. 22jules

22jules Approved members

My daughter has used the pump band for the leg from www.pumpwearinc.com and it was easy for her to access her pump and was really comfortable while she danced all night! Just make sure you buy snug.

5. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

dd wore white shorts under and just cliped it to those..we do this allot with dresses/night gowns (if she dosent just clip it to her panties)...usually do shorts though when we may need to lift the dress up to get to the pump and other people will be around..not so much for at home days

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Tank top or full slip with a pocket center back, most neck line will allow for the pump to be pulled out with out unzipping or buttoning.

If neck line is high most can just unzip/button with out much isssue.

I am thinking of starting to create a pump line of undergarment/basics, if you can find a slip/ tank top / or cami at a major store that may be in my area I would be glad to get it made to hold a pump if you let me know the size and style of the undergarment and IF POSSIBLE the style of dress. Just let me know the size of the top needed.

What pump is she using???

7. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Great ideas! I used to add pockets to Nat's dresses all the time.

8. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Is the dress being made for your daughter?

If so, I always ask the dress maker to incorporate a pocket (accessable to me from the outside of the dress) that the pujmp can fit in. It has a button hole size opening for the pumpt tubing to fit through, just as pps mentioned. I like to have the top sealable with velcro.

This year the wonderful mom who made costumes for the grade's school musical, even made a special pocket for dd's gown. From the same fabric, you couldn't even see the pocket from stage.

(I can't tell you how happy I was as I watched from the audience as dd Surreptitiously slid her hand her pocket, took a look at the sensor number, fished out a glucose tablet and poppped in in her mouth. She never missed a beat.)

It was great that she was able to access it so easily -- without having to hike up her dress.