advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sugar-free syrup??

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by jessicat, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

More than a year ago, we started purchasing sugarfree syrup for my DS. I have always kept regular syrup in the cupboard. I know regular bottles say no need to refrigerate. (I am sure some people like to though) BUT the sugar-free bottle says "need to refrigerate after opening". Did anyone know that?? Does your bottle say must refrigerate? I wonder why there is a difference with the sugar-free kind.

2. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

I just read the bottle of Log Cabin Sugar Free I have and mine says refrigeration not required.

3. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We use a local store brand of sugar-free (Splenda) syrup...and it doesn't say anything about refrigeration.

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

same here.

5. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I have a bottle of sugar free that has to be refrigerated and a bottle of regular that does not. Both are in the fridge though. I never noticed before, just assumed they had to both be in there after opening. What I'd like to know is, is there a regular syrup that doesn't cause seriously high spikes? I think we may be switching back to sugar free. :(

6. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

Thanks for checking everyone! Now I will be more curious when I am at the grocery store when I buy more.

7. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

i guess i never paid attention. I've always refrigerated my syrups after opening them. SF or not. I just looked at our syrup bottles both of them (one SF and the other Lite) say refrigeration is not needed.

8. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My Cary's sugar free does say put it in the fridge. We like it very well.