- advertisement -

successful cgms reimbursement

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kevin@diabetech.net, Oct 5, 2007.

1. kevin@diabetech.net

kevin@diabetech.net Approved members

Has anyone received reimbursement for cgms from BCBS Texas (Risk Pool)? Anyone who has been successful getting your claim reimbursed (anywhere), please let me know how you did it.

Thanks

2. badshoe

badshoe Approved members

Darn I was hoping that was a statement not a question.

Good luck.

3. Reagan's Mama

Reagan's Mama Approved members

4. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

so was I:cwds:

5. Momto4

Momto4 Approved members

Hi Kevin - I have one friend whose little boy is in the "risk pool" in Texas - not sure if it was BCBS but I can ask her. She was initially denied, but just in the last month or so, did have it approved for him on an appeal - it was the Mimined CGMS. She left this am to go to Chicago to run in the marathon on Sunday, but I will call her next week and find out if she would post what all she did to help you out. I am working on my appeal with my own insurance and she said she would get the information to me - I thought it would help me too, but we have both been so busy lately and haven't gotten together. I will let you know ASAP. I feel strongly that the more people that can get this technology approved the better!! It will become the "standard of care" for diabetes and harder for the insurance companies to deny!

6. kevin@diabetech.net

Thanks a bunch. I'm working on putting together a resource as I go through the process that will create a clear path to reimbursement for the thousands of kids and adults that follow. Please check out cgmscentral.com and register and contribute if you are so inclined. Forums are nice but nothing beats a wiki for a focused project collaboration!

7. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

My son's endo is working on trying to get it covered for my son (20). Haven't heard so I'm sure it hasn't gone through. We have BCBS Delaware Simply Blue EPO.

8. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

We have Anthem bc/bs of colorado. It clearly states on their website that they will cover it as long as it isn't experimental.
    That being said, it still isn't covered, but we are taking a pumping break and will put this on hold until Jan.

9. kevin@diabetech.net

... as in contribute i just mean experience and insight to specific status of your insurance carrier and plan (no financial contribution necessary). Thanks again.

10. rmccully2000

rmccully2000 Approved members

UHC in Texas. Approved the Dexcom in October 2006.

Becky
    mom to Mason, 7 Dexcom, Omnipod