- advertisement -

Strong but only so much!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kgerrick, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ashadams

ashadams Approved members

I am not sure if his endo has done that test or not. We have only been to one visit so far, but it seems like I call them every other day or so! :) My son is only 3 and he is also a trooper. He takes those shots and finger pokes like a man (LOL). He has to go back to the Endo in August and they will start to do blood work, so I guess I'll start to learn more about his numbers as time goes on.

When I noticed how much he was urinating and drinking over a two week period I brought him to his Pediatrician and that's where we found out. His sugar was at 409!

Well good luck on everything and I'll keep in touch.

2. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Even though we don't want to hear that from anyone who isn't dealing with it, it's not a bad thing to reassure yourself when things get rough.

3. kgerrick

kgerrick Approved members

You are right! Very true! I know people usually mean well and I know it is hard to know what to say to someone with diabetes in there home. I need to keep remembering that! Thank you!:)