- advertisement -

Strollers at Disney/FFL

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MHoskins2179, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MHoskins2179

MHoskins2179 Approved members

First, I'm very excited to be attending Friends For Life for the very first time this summer!! My wife and I will be there as first-timers, and I so can't wait!:D

But, in the meantime, a friend (in the non-diabetes community) posed this question that has nothing to do with anything D; it's just a parent question about going to Disney:

Has anyone used any of the stroller companies in Orlando for Disney? I was going to make a reservation with Kingdom Strollers, but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on any of the stroller/wagon rentals companies for WDW. Thanks :)

I thought maybe some of the great CWD parents who've been to FFL before might have some insight on this Q, and could offer some thoughts for my friend.

Thanks in advance! Hope to see some of you there at FFL this summer!:cool:

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

No feed back on the companies who rent strollers. I think that is a recent thing since Disney raised their stroller rental prices so much.

For what you'd pay you could probably buy a stroller and leave it down there! We also packed our stroller - even the huge one when they were little. Or flew down with it on the plane.

You might check the DIS boards - every disney topic is beaten to death there - LOL!

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We just brought our cheapest, old hand-me-down umbrella stroller knowing that it's loss wouldn't matter - that it was the ugliest thing in the stroller lot didn't hurt.;)

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We just brought our stroller with us. It made for Lugging the carryons easy. But for other trips we had a cheap umbrella stroller that we could care less about.

I have heard of Kingdom Strollers and that they deliver to the hotel. I agree, probably for the cost of the rental your friend could stop at Walmart on the way in and buy one. Lol I used to work at Disney and there was this place called property control. It had unclaimed items from guests there were always tons of strollers (and false teeth:D ).

5. Mish

Mish Approved members

6. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

I live here and you can definitely pick up a stroller at Walmart cheaper.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We always packed umbrella strollers that reclined(one position) and had a flip over cover for the top. I found them over the internet and used them for years. Having the flip over cover was great for the hot sun. Even putting a baby blanket over it gave more cover.

8. tammy82

tammy82 Approved members

We also brought an umbrella stroller with us. In fact one of the ladies on the Disney forum gave me handle extensions to put on the stroller (im tall) so it worked out well. We didn't use the stroller too much though.

9. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

A friend of mine will get thrift shop or second hand strollers then theme them up a bit. One of hers was Cars, another Lion King. They were really cute but could be left if you didn't feel like hassling with them on the way home. And you didn't care if they got damaged on the plane either.

10. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

We bought a cheap umbrella stroller just for Disney. And we are glad that we did. At some point it was accidentally replaced with someone else's stroller. Then at the end of our vacation there was not enough room in the car for it so we just got rid of it. It/they had also taken quite a bit of abuse being pushed around for full days, abuse we would rather not have incurred on our regular stroller. The downside is that these small strollers do not hold much stuff.

11. mamattorney

mamattorney Approved members

We leave for Disney in 12 days (but who's counting!) and I have been a frequent browser of the DIS boards these days. I'm almost positive that I'm going to bring our tried and true MacLaren umbrella stroller (circa 2003) that has never let us down, but if I decide not to . . .

I have recently seen multiple recommendations for Apple Strollers. No fee to rent for first 7 days; just $5/day for mandatory insurance -- free pick up and delivery. And that's for a very nice City Mini stroller - great recline and sunshade. You can't beat that.

applestroller.com