- advertisement -

Strangest place you've found a test strip

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Jeff, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Not a test strip, but, I recently found an alchol swab in a pile of Seth's homework...At least I know he swabs his insulin at school:D

2. jendean

jendean Approved members

In my hair.
    (I have thick and wirey hair, and when Nolan comes into my room in the morning, I make him test first thing, and a lot of times he just tosses the strips.
    I found this one tangled up in my own hair.

3. cunners45

cunners45 Approved members

test strip!

there was one in my old keyboard for my computer once.
    u had to really smak that space bar to get it 2 work.lol:D

4. ROVERT81402

ROVERT81402 Approved members

Trevor had a race today, we have not been there since last Oct., and I found a strip, just laying there like it belonged. I couldn't wait to get home to post it on here :)

5. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

This may be the best yet :p. Thanks for sharing.

6. ADHDiabetic Mom

ADHDiabetic Mom Approved members

Well, it certainly is reassuring to know that my son is not the only child in the world who cannot figure out the complexities of operating a TRASH CAN!

I've found those darn things absolutlely everywhere (except the trash can). But since we're only a year into it, I don't have a really good example like some of you. (UNDER the carpet?? In DOG poo?? ICK!!)

7. Yaaker

Yaaker Approved members

I guess the strangest place we found a test strip was one morning Kristophers little brother 2/12( who sleeps on the bottom bunk) woke up with one stuck to his forehead:p..........kind of cute with the strip & and his red hair!!;) Lori

8. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

I think my SIL had the best answer for this one

Dayna called me yesterday totally grossed out, she said she has gone though the Tim Hortons Drive thru and ordered and IceCap, she said she was all most at the bottom of drinking it, and was stirring the slush in the cup and noticed something in it....and sure enough it was one of Aidens Aviva test strips:eek:

She had no idea how it got there she is in the car driving the whole time, she is guessing it fell off the dash into the drink while she was not looking.

I am not sure how you would miss something like that, the aviva strips are huge...lol

9. alissasmom

alissasmom Approved members

well this weekend we were playing outside and Alissa kept pulling at her pants and wouldnt leave her butt alone so i took her in to make sure she was clean and of course when i got her pants off to check her what do i see?? you got it a test strip in her crack:D now that would explain why she was grabbing at her butt OUCH .. those things are seriously everywhere..

10. jendean

jendean Approved members

hanging off of my dogs.... :eek: parts. :cwds: a picture might be inappropriate...

11. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

its funny after reading this thread I started finding strips EVERYWHERE in the house in an hours time I found one in the bathroom drawer, floor, and tub, 2 more on the living room floor I cant tell you how many in my cough and love seats, in my bed, her bed had one ( ok that one was my fault I was doing that 2am check) and so many more places it just tells me that I need to clean more often..lol
    wonder if anyone could come up for a use for old strips like making a abstract art, or a strange kind or collage, just a thought:p

12. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

In my daughter's mouth. Really. No lie. :eek:

Just the other day, I came around her side of the car to buckle her in, and there she was chewing on two used test strips she found.

In her defense, she's 3 and newly diagnosed with sensory processing issues, which explains why EVERYTHING still goes in her mouth.

13. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

Ok, so it's been a month since you posted this LOL but I like your idea of creating art from the test strips. Wouldn't that be an interesting way of displaying what our kids go through on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Use it for fundraising or something.

14. T1Spouse&Proud

T1Spouse&Proud Approved members

I just found one stuck to my sons backside! Poor kid, he has no idea how many more times something like this is going happen.

15. alongoria

alongoria Approved members

Not very interesting

We always see them in the driveway, and I thought it was funny that when I go over to my girlfriends house who's son is type 1 also, they have them there too.

16. AmberO

AmberO Approved members

Well we have a puppy, so you can imagine where I've been seeing the ones that get away from Nikki after a bg test... :eek:

17. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

This is bad, but found one in my own undies one time. :eek: My best guess is that when we are out and about and have to test I usually put the used alcohol swabs, test strips etc. in my pocket if their is no garbage can nearby. Guess I must have washed and dried some and that is how it got there!! :D

18. Charmed7

Charmed7 Approved members

I was just thinking about this post, so its funny that its on the first page. But we are very strict about our test strips. Their must be a visual confirmation that the strip is in the garbage can every time he tests.

So, today we cleaned out my car and vacuumed etc. (It's probably been a year since I've done this) and I only found 2 test strips. I was amazed it wasn't more since he tests in the back seat all the time.

Charmed

19. madde

madde Approved members

In the cat's litre box. I was scooping it out, and there was a test strip. I have no idea how it got in there. Our cat likes to play with them when she finds one laying aroung. So maybe she ate it!!!!:eek:

20. usbornetheresa

usbornetheresa Approved members

The only place I have ever had one surprise me was on the school stairway. It was Tori's she is the only student with D in her school.