- advertisement -

Stomach pain.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Haleysmom2214, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Haleysmom2214

Haleysmom2214 Approved members

Haley has been complaining about stomach alot. Sometime I think she just doesnt understand and maybe she is full. Or sometimes she has to make a bowel movement. But she has asked for a dessert with lunch a couple day now and before she even get to eat it she says her tummy hurts. Like today at lunch just now she had cheese and crackers (not a lot of cheese) and a applesause and then was complaining. She has had a bowel today so I am stumped. What do U all think?

2. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

My DD sometimes has stomach aches with bowel things. It's most often before, but then sometimes after, too. I don't know what it is, but my mind always goes right to celiac and then I freak out. :( I've also heard that the sugar substitutes can cause stomach irritation, too, so I try to think if she's had any of that.

I hope you can figure it out. It's stressful!

3. Shirley and Jamie V.

Shirley and Jamie V. Approved members

There's a flu bug going around that begins with stomach pain rather than nausea. Be ready for puke, just in case.

4. Haleysmom2214

Haleysmom2214 Approved members

She has been saying this for a while. I just gave her like a gluten-free dinner to test and she never complained once. Hey also for those who have kids with Celiac did you ever notice your child being irritable? I read that as maybe being a symptom and Haley has been super moody and her bg's have been great. I am going to call dr tomorrow and see. I am super scared and worried. Cause I dont nothing else wrong with her.

5. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

((hugs, Kris!)) It's a real worry that we all feel! We're here for you!