- advertisement -

Steel Infusion Sets

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Chippy28, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

Are there steel sets that disconnect at the site instead of having a "tail"?

I might need to switch to a steel set due to allergies and honestly don't want a third thing stuck on me (infusion set, disconnect site, and Dexcom). Thanks!:)

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

William seems allergic to cannula sets and we use the Rapid D. Unlike the contact-detach sets, it does not have that extra piece of tape to hold down the tail - so there is no third thing stuck to you. There is the tail though - which just hangs a few inches if you disconnect - which for us is no big deal.

I really disliked the contact-detach because of that extra piece of tape - which never stayed stuck anyway - and flopped around sticking to his clothes or whatever.

3. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Orbit Micro's have no tail.. disconnects at the site and the connector spins 360˚ :)

They are hands down my favorite set.. the tape sticks very well without any "help", and they seem to be the least likely to irritate my skin.

4. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

Thank you! This was just the information I had been looking for! The Orbit Micros sound exactly like what I was looking for.:)

5. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Are the orbit micros a steel set? I thought they had a cannula?

6. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

the orbit 90's have a cannula but the micros have a needle

7. 22jules

22jules Approved members

Thanks. Are they angled or straight in?

8. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Both are straight in sets that are manual insertion.