- advertisement -

Steam shark?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Sarah Maddie's Mom, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

We have some new floors of tile and stone and I'm looking to make cleaning easier :cool:. I have actually asked about these steam cleaners before on CWD when we had more hardwood flooring. Now that I have the "right" kind of floor, the whole steam shark fad seems to have passed me by. Bad timing on my part, or just not a very good cleaning tool?

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

No idea - I just know that my steam mop left streaks really badly on my laminate and linoleum floors. It was like I had to mop them to get them clean AND THEN steam them to get them sterile, when in reality, I am lucky to just get them swept :rolleyes:!

3. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I like mine Sarah. I do find that more times than not I don't want to get the thing out and just want to push around some wet swiffers quickly. I'm sure I don't have as much surface area as you do to cover. I do like that the steamers don't require chemicals.

4. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

We love our shark steamer. We got it at Sam's club in January maybe February of this year.
    Wendy

5. LJM

LJM Approved members

I really liked mine for use on our tile floors. However, do not do like I did and use tap water in it. Mine corroded fairly quickly and no longer works. My own fault----but just be wary.

6. selketine

selketine Approved members

I bought a steam cleaner (not a mop but a hand held one) earlier this year and ended up returning it. I tried it on bathroom tile, etc. and I didn't see good results. I don't know about the floor ones though.

I really like those magic eraser sponges for things (again - I guess not the floor except to spot clean). You don't need any chemicals with them - just water - and they clean the tile much better.

7. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

We have a shark steamer mop. We love it for the football field of tile we have in the kitchen. :rolleyes: I will say it does not clean the grout very well, but that was because it had not been sealed since we purchased our home 10 years ago. We just had Stanley Steamers clean our carpets and they also cleaned / sealed the grout....so worth it! I think the steamer mop is perfect for tile...not so much for hardwood/pergo flooring. that's my .02 cents :)

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Thank you :cwds: This is all helpful. Good to know about the tap water - we're on a well, with very hard water so I'd probably want to use distilled water - though I'm sure that would get to be a pain so I probably would slip. :rolleyes: I don't know if the streaking would matter, the tile isn't a gloss finish and the grout is just as dark as the tile so maybe that would be ok.

I think it may be worth trying... it's a pretty big space and the mopping is getting old :p

Thanks again!