Hi all, 3 months post diagnosis. We've gotten the Dexcom and LOVE IT. Now thinking about a pump. I called the rep at Animas only because a friend has the Ping and loves it, and there's the Dexcom-compatible Vibe in Europe which should get approved here soon (har har). She did the insurance inquiry for me and there's no six month wait or anything - we've got coverage now. They even called back and said we could get started immediately. Just checked in with our CDE who says getting on the pump is a 6-9 MONTH PROCESS. Um, what? We are signed up for our hospital's July pump class (Boston Children's) and our son is going to diabetes camp the week after. So I thought that end of July and all of August would be ample time for the various meetings with endo, nutritionist, saline start, all that jazz. Am I being naive? My reasons for wanting to go on the pump are all the usual reasons, but also that my son is still honeymooning big time and only takes 1/2 unit of Lantus, but he still goes low during the night. So a pump would allow us to suspend the basal at night, or tweak the doses, etc. And his Humalog needs are also modest - even if we adjust his carb ratios the doses are the same with rounding (we are using the 1/2 unit Humalog pen). Our CDE is going on maternity leave for three months beginning in early August, I may just move forward without apology. But really, am I missing something here? Is there any reason why two competent adults with post-graduate degrees, flying colors on MDI, and 100% insurance coverage should not be fast-tracking this??? Thanks for your advice and input!