- advertisement -

Square blous????

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CassiesMama, Apr 14, 2010.

1. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

I have noticed the more insulin Cassidy needs the more the fats are affecting her later. How far apart do you guys split up the insulin dose? I hate seeing great number 3 hours out only to have her over 300 at 5 hours out :(. Thanks.

2. CButler

CButler Approved members

I am still trying to figure this out! I think it takes experimentation. There are so many factors that have to be considered, that for me, it has been hard to get right. (such as exercise, amount of fast-acting insulin still at work, amount of fat, time of day or night the insulin will be working, etc.)

I think I am going to try 2/3 with meal and the other 1/3 four hours later since her fat spikes hit her 6 hours later.(based on what happened the last time)

My endo's office told me 50%, then other 50% later, but it didn't work.

So my advice is experiment, and test more in the process. If you figure it out, let ME know! I do think it is a YDMV situation.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

This is where YDMV.. it all depends on your child and the foods they are eating.. each food may be different each time.. we have a general of 3 hours, but it changes based on food.