- advertisement -

Spontaneous highs.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by emm142, Jun 13, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I hate them!

Last night 2 hours after dinner I was 135. 2 hours after that I was a lovely 131. All insulin and food was out of my system, but 45 minutes I was off to bed, so I tested just to check I wasn't dropping, and rang in at 284!

Going from 131 to 284 with no food, illness or cause at all in 45 minutes is probably some kind of record for me! :eek: It took temp basals and corrections all night to get me to 155 by morning. :eek:

2. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

wow, that stinks. i've been going high for no reason too, different times of day, different ICs and foods........it was worse 1-2 weeks ago, though. i hope you don't have the same problem again tonight!

3. Shadow

Shadow Approved members

I've been going very high very quickly for odd reasons, too.
    Absolutely no idea why. >.<

That stinks though. :/

4. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I hate when that happens too. What kind of food did you have for dinner? It might have been a delayed spike. Sometimes I will do a 15 minute check after another one to see where I am heading if I had a 'problem' food.

A few days ago I tested with a very random 430 (albeit, I was sick and forgot to run my temp basal that morning). Took a few hours before it was back in range. Good 'ol Diabetes:rolleyes:

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Ouchh. A few weeks ago (I think I posted in parents when it happened) I had the worst high since I got on the pump, in the high 500s. :eek: Funnily enough, that one didn't bother me as much as a random unexplained spike, because the set was kinked so I at least had a reason. But anything over 250 really bothers me, especially so if it's over 350.

And I can't remember what I had eaten, probably pasta.

6. beck95

beck95 Approved members

well to put a bit of good news to this thread i have had exelant bgs this week. i mean i have had a couple of bad days but man i ve been at my lesuire. as my sister would say "OH HAPPY DAYS." hehe.:D