- advertisement -

Spoiled for choice at a price: Dexcom vs MM 640g

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by suej, Mar 25, 2015.

1. suej

suej Approved members

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yep. We trim the Dexcom tape so that it fits entirely on the Tough Pad and then we insert right through it. It works, really, really well. :)

3. suej

suej Approved members

Right, will try, thank you
    Also, how long does receiver stay charged? Going to the mountains next week for 5 days and no electricity, does it charge from a car charger or solar panel phone charger?
    And how do you know when sensor giving up? With MM it is obvious as the Isig falls.
    Sorry - rather basic questions
    Kind regards

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I have one on the Enlites and other son on Dexcom G4 with Share. My one on Enlites used the Sof Sensor before and the Enlites . The Enlites are much better than the old ones. That being said we have the same problems you mention above with the ENlites. We usually get 7 days, but sometimes 6. The Dexcom seems easier to use and we run the sensors 14 days. Still working when we pull them. In accuracy , we get the same results with ENlite and Dexcom unless the numbers are rapidly moving.

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We usually get ??? or dashes if it fails, but it happens so rarely that it is hard to remember. :) Also, I bought a Mophie XL battery pack .It has to power to charge an iPhone 8 times. Easily charges the Dexcom. I used it one trip when I did not have a plug in to run the Dexcom cradle for 2 days. I also have a smaller phone charging brick called Mycharge from Target for about $19 . I get one phone charge out of that.

6. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Our receiver will go longer than 5 days without a charge. But it is possible to use a car charger.

We know the sensor is dying if it goes to --- or ??? for more than an hour. But we almost never, ever see that within the first 14 days.

7. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I have used the Anker mini charger once or twice to charge my dexcom. It takes around 4 hours to completely charge it. I'm not sure how many times you can charge the dex with it but I can charge my iphone 5 completely with it almost twice. I like that they are so cheap it doesn't matter if you lose them ($13 each) and very small (lipstick sized). It recharges quickly as well and seems to hold a charge for a long time without use.

8. suej

suej Approved members

Thank you for the recharging ideas. I opted to continue Enlites for the trip (predictably had to change on D4 for a ridiculously pressure sensitive sensor) but had a lovely time. So as soon as this sensor dies we will move to Dexcom. Thank you for all the tips and advice.
    Kind regards