- advertisement -

Spibelt question?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by liasmommy2000, Nov 29, 2009.

1. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Is this able to be worn under a shirt without being seen by anyone?

My nephew has severe asthma and food allergies. Ever since he started school he has carried a mini back pack. He carries an inhaler, spacer, epipen, benadryl and I believe a few other things that I can't recall. However at almost nine he's starting to rebell and feels self concious. My sister would like other options for him. She's aware that he might not be able to carry everything on him at all times, but if he could at least carry his epipen and inhaler with everything else nearby that might work. I suggested cargo pants but she's leary of that idea with having to make sure things get switched to clean pants etc and the cost as he owns none and she's on a very limited budget.

However he won't like a spibelt if it can't be covered by his shirt. Any thoughts? Lia doesn't have one and also carries a mini back pack. She doesn't like stuff around her waist and just wears her pump in a croc o dial case or sometimes in a pocket.

2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Yes it can be made to wear under a shirt, i would suggest the doublepouch belt for him.

3. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

You can only really see Maddie's Spibelt when she's wearing a really lean tee shirt - with a boy style tee - sort of boxy - you'd really have to be looking to see it.:cwds: And she NEVER wears them outside her clothes - always under!

4. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

The double pouch is a great idea. We got one for the pump and the Dex. They are really not noticable unless Nat is wearing something fitted.

5. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Definitely the double pouch spibelt would work. My 13 year old wears it under his shirt and you can't see it at all.

6. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

Thanks everyone, I will pass this info on to her. :)

7. simom

simom Approved members

My son has a variety of pump packs - and I would say the Spibelt has the "lowest profile" in terms of being visible. He is not self-concious yet, but usually his shirt is untucked, and you can't see the pump pack at all. He also likes it because he feels like it bounces around the least when he is running/playing. However, he does feel that the belt buckle is less comfortable for sleeping (maybe not a concern for your nephew, if he only needs to carry his things during the day).

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I agree.. the double pouch spibelt would probably work well for him, and big enough to carry what he needs.

9. Little Diabetic Dude

Little Diabetic Dude Approved members

My little boy is quite young he wears a spibelt and it is covered well by a t-shirt. You can hardly tell he is wearing anything underneath . I think it would be a good choice.