- advertisement -

Speaking of integrated CGMS...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by quiltinmom, Mar 18, 2011.

1. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

I read in another thread that MM is coming out with a new sensor. Does anyone know if it will be usable with their current model?

I ask because we're going to talk with the dr about getting started on the pump pretty soon, so if a new sensor is coming out, and won't be compatible with a pump older than the new sensor, then maybe we should wait a tiny bit longer? It wouldn't make sense to have new sensors but only be able to use them with new pumps, would it?

Okay, clearly, I have *no* idea what I'm talking about. lol!

How do I find out about the new sensors? And for that matter, where do you learn about all the "stuff" the pump companies are coming out with next?

Thanks for bearing with this post (written WAY too late at night)!

2. HERMSman

HERMSman Approved members

Yes, a new sensor is being released.......some day. The new sensor will work perfectly with the current transmitter. Lots of people are awaiting the FDA approval.

3. Lize

Lize Approved members

We have the Veo and the new sensor is 100% compatible with it. We are waiting in anticipation.:cwds: The pump is really not so difficult to manage - you will get training from the rep or your D-team , I'm sure! One thing I know is that going on the pump was the best decission that I could've made for my daughter.

Good luck!