- advertisement -

spaghetti supper

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by Flutterby, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I plan to hold a spaghetti supper to raise money.. but I'm so afraid that I either have no people an a bunch of food, or to many people and not enough food.. so how do I go about this so I kind of 'know' how many people are coming, do I sell tickets? anyone done anything like this before?

Kim:cwds:

2. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I would sell tickets before hand just so you know HOW much food you will need. Set a price for the tickets sale. If someone wants to come at the door the night of the dinner up the price by 5.00. Sometimes the churches will let you use their facility.
    Good luck.. Let us know how it goes.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

I am going to do it in a church actually.. or the local elem. school.. which ever would be cheapest for us to use..

I htink I'll do the ticket thing.. and I'm going to ask the stores for donations, so that all money goes right to jdrf:)

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

I know where I live they have churches that are called Free Methodist church, etc. or even with the school. Our PTA does the dinners and they get a ton of people.. Im jewish so I don't go to church, but that is something you may want to look into. That is an awsome idea you will get a ton of people.. Call your local newspaper one that goes out to everyone in your area and they will put something in their events section. They won't charge you for this We did that with our JDRF Benefit concert we are having tomorrow night. They ran it three consecutive weeks in a row.

Good luck and let us know how you did.. Another Great Idea for raising money..