- advertisement -

SOS Kindle Fire HD

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I purchased one as a gift and am trying to set it up.

Two questions:

How the heck do you turn the darn thing on/off? There is no power button on this model, I've googled the heck out of it and can't find any help pages for the HD.

I've set up an account, however, when I go to log in on the Amazon page, it's telling me me invalid email/password. I also noticed that it takes your email and changes it over to @kindle.com. So, I've tried both combos.

2. Beach bum

Duh, just found the tiny power button on the top.

Hoping someone can help out with the account stuff.

3. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

My kindle fire came already logged into my account. I have no clue, but am sure if you ask the amazon people they will help you out.
    Wendy

4. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I haven't had any login issues either. I use the gmail app and haven't had any issues with email but I haven't used whatever comes loaded.

I LOVE mine! Love it love it love it.

Since we're asking questions I keep the location thing off cause it sucks battery and it reminds you about a bajillion times to turn it back on. Anyone know how to turn that notification off?

5. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Just had a thought re the log in. Did you already have an account when you purchased it? If so it comes set up linked to that account. If you want to use a different account than the one used to purchase I think you have to do something like disable the current one and activate it to the one you want to use. And of course I have no idea how to do that but I'm hoping its on one of their help pages.

At least with my old kindle reader, tech support has been super wonderful and helpful. If you can't find it easily I'd just call them.

6. Beach bum

I ended up having to call Amazon about it. It was something quirky with the emails (I was setting up new accounts). Took me all morning, but they are finally up and running.

Thanks for the input!