advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonic slushy

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by fredntan2, Jun 6, 2008.

1. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I'm trying to find out how many carbs is in sonic sugar free slushy.

Its not on the website.
    Got so frustrated with them yest. they have happy hour from 2-4 1/2 price drinks, so I went to get the kids a treat.
    It took them over 20 min. to get me those slushy's .
    then I'm not totally sure if it was a sugar free. her bs later went up to 430's :mad: they probably gave me the sugar one? just have a bunch of teenagers working there. last time I was there they gave us the sugar one and I made them go back and remake. they always take forever.

then to top it off I get home. (dd-older one-not D) called and went to tan.
    then sara's not home. I flipped out. turns out my sister took her. I had to ask the neighbor kid if they saw her get off bus-said she went with my sister. I was ready to call 911. (10 years ago we had serial killer-and he killed some girls after school)
    so I let my sister have it for not having phone, and sara's grounded till tomorrow for not calling-she has phone, but not charged/or with her.

:Dthanks for letting me get that out.

2. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Can you test the slushy with your Glucose meter? I use mine to make sure that we get diet soda it will read a LO which means no sugar. Just a little trick I learned here :) Sorry I do not know who exactly to give credit to. I would have been upset if my child was not where I thought too. Glad everything worked out!

3. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

When we go to Sonic, Caleb gets the sugar-free cherry slush, while they don't have carb info posted specifically for this on there website, I have deduced that it's 4 carbs based on the info in the sugar-free cherry limeade made with the same sugar-free cherry syrup. I've doubled it because the slush seems to have more of the syrup than the limeade. So far, it's worked for us and I haven't noticed a huge spike in BS using this information.

HTH

4. Lee

Lee Approved members

I wish we had a sonic here so I could get sugar free slushy, and cherry-limeaids, and corn dogs, and tater tots...boy, I MISS sonic!

5. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

I miss Sonic too.

6. momofsingingdiabetic

momofsingingdiabetic Approved members

Someone posted awhile back, that while the syrup for the slushie it SF, some of the slushie mix might not be. Could be the reason for the spike?

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Here is the contact info: I would call...

Consumer Information Center
    300 Johnny Bench Drive
    Suite 400
    Oklahoma City, OK 73104
    1-866-657-6642 (Toll-free)

8. KitKat

KitKat Approved members

9. fredntan2

So you guys have had the diet cherry slushy without this kind of spike????
    She had half of med slushy couple of weeks ago without troubles.
    Looks like I'm going to have to call manager on this.:mad:
    I have heard of checking for glucose with the urine strips, and I used to have some but I think they expired.

10. Lee

Lee Approved members

Test it like you would BS - with your meter. If there is any reading other than lo or error, you got somethign sweet!

11. Grace

Grace Approved members

The slushy mix is SUGAR and ice! We found out the hard way. :( And we asked and questioned several times before one of the more senior employees told us there is sugar in the mix.

For example, a small Powerade drink has 24 carbs, the small Powerade SLUSH has 53.

Here's a link to their nutrition info: Sonic

12. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

We have had the diet cherry slushie with little problems. Our local children's' theater had a children's play this afternoon, after the play we went to Sonic and Caleb got a slushie. He was 106 before, bolused for 5 carbs and he was 113 and hour later.

I love happy hour when I can get drinks for my crew for cheap!

13. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Are Sonic's that good??? We have them here and I've never been there...:confused:

14. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

ALL SONIC SLUSHEES HAVE SUGAR IN THEM!!!

There is no such thing as a diet slushee at Sonic. Sorry. It is stupid that they offer them as diet, but as Grace said the mix has sugar in it. We also found out the hard way ... twice.

15. diabeticmonkey

diabeticmonkey Approved members

hum i just had a Diet Limeaid from sonic this afternoon and didn't have any problem.

16. fredntan2

the limeaides aredifferent.
    I think they are made of
    diet sprite,
    limes,
    ice and sugar free cherry syrup-if you get the cherry
    could probably make these at home. just get the diet cherry syrup for snow cones-i've seen this at walmart.

but others have had the "diet" slushy without problems? she had 1/2 of mine the first time without troubles like this. I'm jsut glad we didn't have anything important going on that afternoon. she feels like crap at 430.

17. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

lemonades must be made differently than limeades then, because my daughter had one a couple of weeks ago at her dad's house and she was "hi". Either that or they gave her a regular instead of diet, which very well could've happened.

18. diabeticmonkey

diabeticmonkey Approved members

Count me in too about Missing Sonic:mad:. I get to go to one maybe once or twice a year when I go see my Sister and her Husband in Virginia

19. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

I wish sonic had sugar free slushes. We went yesterday and I asked them, usally I get me and Luke diet lime-ades, they said they do not have sugar free syrup to make them with. I guess some sonics are different. :rolleyes: