- advertisement -

son finally getting help..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Momof4rugratz, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Momof4rugratz

Momof4rugratz Approved members

We got in to the new Endo who called us at 8pm to come in next day. Finally after 2 years of struggling we are told my son is diabetic.. Monday night got called to go in Tuesday and this morning we went in for training and first dose of insulin. My son is awesome he did it himself. He so hopes to feel better soon.
    He is on 5 units lunten and next week might have to add Humlog. Sorry for spelling. There is so much information it a little over welming. But we are all commited to helping him no matter what. I am sure he will do great and feel better in no time.

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

That makes sense given his bg numbers and A1c from your other thread. But I am sorry you had to get that diagnosis. Hang in there and post any questions you may have.

3. Momontherun

Momontherun Approved members

Sorry for the diagnosis. The few weeks processing all the info and learning is overwhelming. I am glad your child is so brave with the injections, He is going to feel so much better.

4. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

Good luck to you both. There is strength in numbers - both blood sugars and these message boards!! :). Hang in there.