- advertisement -

Sometimes kids surprise us...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by acoppus, Jun 24, 2012.

1. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

We have been living with D for less than a year. When we were eating tonight and dosing Tyler with his pump, my oldest (6 and Non D) asked me if when Tyler goes to school, does he need to go check Tyler's pump after he eats? I asked, do you want to and Cody answered "Yes!" I'm so proud of him for wanting to take care of his brother. I'm sure sometimes he feels slighted when Tyler needs more attention, but he still always wants to help. Things like this make me thing we just might be OK!

2. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

Way to go. I believe it one awesome kid but parenting plays a roll. Way too go!

3. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

Thank you! We've been having a tough week, but this made me smile

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Love it.

I have to opposite for you, I was sending my oldst with D to bed and my littlestes said to me that she needs her shot!

Gave her a hug and a good job to my little 4yr old.

5. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Love it! Excellent parenting sure does play a role in sweet siblings like that!

And MMgirls, I can totally relate to the non-D child asking for a shot! it's happened with all of my toddlers. Adam and Linnea will be asking any day, I'm sure :)

6. sooz

sooz Approved members

That is so sweet! Last week both Hailey and her sister Faith (non D) had to have blood work done and the little one said she didn't even cry because she has seen Hailey have it done so many times! It is so nice to see them look after each other, and learn from one another. Faith is always the first one to get someone a bandaid!

7. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

That is very kind that they want to help out!

8. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

Aww. I'm all misty now. :eek: That is super super sweet. It's so important for siblings to know that they have to take care of each other--D or non-D. they have to look out for each other. that's so sweet, I'm totally tearing up here. :)

9. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Amy, that is some good stuff!:) When we here our children talk about each other in a kind way or wanting to help one another just because they love each other. We know that they will be all right now and in the future;)

10. acoppus

acoppus Approved members

It is definitely reassuring to hear this, cause it seems like ten minutes later they are fighting! LOL!

11. steph

steph Approved members

This was really sweet to read. My husband and I have been discussing having another child, and how the extra attention Sage might get for her T1D care might impact a younger sibling. It's nice to see siblings supporting each other. My 2yo already handle blood draws better than I do. I have to lay down for them.