- advertisement -

Some things are too obvious!!!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by BobbyJackElmo, Sep 27, 2008.

1. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

Okay so last weekend I went to my friends birthday but first I went in a store and they had the ADA shoe donation things and the cashier stands there staring at my pump then all of a sudden she starts to talk. "Please dont tell me you have Diabetes" I just gave her a look. Well no I just like walking around with a pump wtf. My mom told her I did thn the first words out the ladies mouth "I'm so sorry" I think my mom almost went off on her. XD And Jeca is leaving cause there's to much drama. Who knows I may leave too

2. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Yeah, you know it's the trend these days to prick your finger, get shots, and carry around pumps, if Nick Jonas is doing it, it must be cool!:rolleyes:

I hate when people say "I'm sorry", those are the last 2 words you want to say to me. It's like are we suppose to be depressed over having diabetes?

3. BobbyJackElmo

Lol. Exactly. I wasnt even going to say one word to her. And Nick Jonas is one of the only reasons so many kids know about Diabetes and everyone wants to find a cure for him. I'm high right now I feel horrible.

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

or they tell you stories about the worse that can happen:rolleyes:

5. BobbyJackElmo

Yeah. Seriously. Only women get breast cancer but Diabetes effects boys and girls of any age.

6. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

7. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

I HATE the "I'm so sorry" reaction! Geesh, being sorry isn't going to make it go away!

One day, I met this guy who told me he was HIV positive. I'm not always the best with knowing what to say when people tell me heavy things like that, but I thought for a moment and responded with, "Oh... wow... that sux, BUT you seem to be living life well with it and not letting it interfere with anything you decide to do, so... I commend you." His face was practically radient after he heard my reply and then he proceeded to tell me that the usual reaction was, "I'm SO SORRY! or OMG that sux SOOOO BAD!" laced with enough pity to clog a toilet.

The response I gave him once he told me about his HIV is about the same as what I'd like to hear once I tell people about being diabetic.

8. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

Oh... I also think it's great that Nick Jonas is doing so much for diabetes awareness. All these kids are now much more informed than they otherwise would have been due to his efforts. I'm not a fan of The Jonas Brothers music (nothing wrong with anyone who is, it's just not quite my personal preference) but I have great respect for him nonetheless.

9. Rukio

Rukio Banned

Beklager xD >:D Norwegian for "I'm sorry"
    ahaha, if anyone said that to me a year ago I would of had them at a broadsword of information's point. Now I would just say "Well, I'm sorry you are misinformed, but please, remember, next time I will educate you to the highest extent of my powers."

10. diabetesgurl

diabetesgurl Approved members

For the last 15 years i've heard alot when people have found out or i've told that I have diabetes. I'm sorry is a pretty oftenly used one. Uncomfortable, yes.
    The ones that actually bother me more are:
    "But you're so young"
    "But you look so healthy"
    "Well it's great you dropped the weight" (I was never overweight, ever.)
    "Were you once fat?"
    "So you can't eat sugar, right?"

But the "i'm sorry" i combat with, hey it could always be worse I suppose, and i'm okay - i'm breathing, i'm living - and i'm not letting it stop me.
    It's annoying, I totally know, but we're all getting it too unfortunatly, all we can pretty much do it laugh it off, otherwise we'll all go nuts, LOL.
    - Kristen

11. Rukio

Rukio Banned

=P this was posted over 2 years ago, I'm just trying to draw more interest to the teen forum.

12. horselover

horselover Approved members

the "im sorry" thing is sooo annoying its like im fine now. i mean at first were all scared and stuff but after a while its normalll

13. rudziara

rudziara Approved members

Yeah. That sucks. I was shopping and I felt like my sugar level is rally low. So I took out my glucose meter. And suddenly a starnger woman came to me and said "OMG d'you have diabetese? You don't look for fat? What is your weight and what's your age? Diabetese is so bad! I keep telling my kids " Don't eat sweets or you'll have diabetese!" I was staring at her w/ disbeliefe(dunno if I wrote it correct") and she asked me " My child is in fitting room can you w8 here I will show you to her" I was amazed with her stupidity and audacity. "I said only "Are you mad or sth?" and run away.
    I was the worse experience w/ my illness

14. Leah

Leah Approved members

ugh! i hate that! i know that its kinda nice to show your sympathy but it just reminds me of diabetes all over again and makes me feel like im really different then everyone!

15. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

16. kaylaa

kaylaa Approved members

haha I know exactly how you feel except its not my friends its my family who doesnt understand.
    Just yesterday I went out to eat with my grandpa (who lives with me so he has been told many times that I can eat anything I want) and he decided to let me know that Im not allowed to eat a cookie as if I was gonna die if I did. It's so frustrating. And on top of that he has to tell every waiter that I have diabetes for whatever reason, everyone in the world does not have to be notified.

17. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

that sounds very frustrating, but it sounds as if he has bad memory, so dont hate him too much, lol, just be glad its not ppl who r the same age as u and hav good enough memories to remember wat u told them the day b4, but still some how forget, lol

18. kaylaa

kaylaa Approved members

well i wouldnt have been that mad if he hadnt made it into a song loud enough for the whole place to hear =[