- advertisement -

SoCal is getting a major winter storm

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Feb 16, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

It is snowing here!!!! :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

First it was a very cold rain, now it is pure snow and it is really coming down, it has not been cold enough for any of this to stick, but just in case it does I have my snowshoes ready! :cool:

2. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Hopefully Missy doesn't escape again and get lost in a snow bank!:eek:

3. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I can only wish it would snow that hard...If it does I plan on finding my winter jacket, and putting on a couple pairs of pants and get my boots on and then attach my snowshoes and go for a long walk through the desert..

Can you tell that I miss snow? :rolleyes:

4. 2ladybugs

2ladybugs Approved members

We had snow in the middle of last week. Now ~ it's just plain rain. It's been raining and raining and raining! I like the rain, but this is turning into a flash flood situation over here. Luckily we are not in the path of a flood, but it does play into our day if we decide to go anywhere. From last night until tonight they are saying we should get about 2 inches!

Today, like yesterday, we are staying home with a fire and the Wii! :p

5. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Gather the snow to make a mini snowman! :)

6. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Yep. Dh is trapped at work again for the second time this season. It was only raining when he left at 5 am. Now they've closed the road indefinitely. This blows.

7. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Sorry you are getting snow if you don't want it, but as for me, I'm glad it is you and not us. We had so much in December it was enough to last me forever. Then it Jan. we had bitter cold temps. Spring come soon, please.

8. 2ladybugs

How's it going today Alyce? We are still getting quite a bit of rain here. Hopefully the dh made it home today! I'm sending warmer wishes your way so at least you will only have rain instead of snow. ;)

9. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

It's cold and raining. bleh. :rolleyes: but the roads are open. All's well if not balmy.

10. 2ladybugs

That's good to hear! :rolleyes: LOL!! The rain is better than the snow ~ at least the dh will be home tonight! ;)