- advertisement -

So, when did or when does everyone start school?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Many of my neices and nephews (scattered cross country) have started school already. So, my kids were wondering, when does everyone else start?

We start Sep. 1 :( Summer has been zooming by!

2. madde

madde Approved members

We start Aug. 19th. My daughter made the comment last night, "Ugh..only 8 more days until school starts." Summer did fly by!

3. Megszers

Megszers Approved members

I'm not sure when I start, I'm homeschooled lol.
    Normally around the end of August, first of September

4. angiej

angiej Approved members

September 6th (ish!) although we broke up July 3rd which many of you would consider 'late' ...

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Well, we got out June 21, which was only 3 days later than anticipated (we have to make up snow/flood days).

6. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

Sept 7th. Always the day after labor day. Michigan has a new law not allowing public schools to start before Labor Day because it hurts our tourism industry:)

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Also day after Labour Day here....they finished on June 29th.

Funny, as soon as our family vacation was over I was ready for them to go back. :p

8. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

The semester for me starts August 31st and ends December 16th. I've been out since mid-May; didn't take summer classes.

The public schools here start August 23rd and were released on June 3rd.

9. LittleGuy'sMom

LittleGuy'sMom Approved members

My stepson in SoCal started yesterday. My son starts 1st grade on Aug 23.

10. Lucky 868

Lucky 868 Approved members

Our district starts Aug. 23 and gets our mid June. They have two weeks for Christmas and the entire week of Thanksgiving. I think they were having problems getting substitutes for teacher's wanting the Wednesday of that week off, so they started taking the whole week off.

My son starts our local community college on Aug. 18. His brother starts his junior year at a Cal State University around Sept. 23.

As a kid (when dinosaurs roamed the Earth), I remember starting the day after Labor Day. To me, that's the end of summer.

Cyndy

11. Denise

Denise Approved members

We started Wednesday Aug 11 2010.... our summer break started June 3rd I think. That was over a week later than scheduled b/c of snow make up dates.

12. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

we also got out June 21..my kids go back Sept 8th believe it or not our gov passed a law last year that schools here in mich dont go back till after labor day weekend..something about people wanting to go on that last vacation and that means more $$$$$'s for the state. My kids dont mind but going to school till the end of June they did mind..lol

13. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

NYC is scheduled to go back on September 8th, for just 1 day and then they are off again for 4 days (Jewish Holidays). So people try to get the school start pushed back to September 13th. I heard rumors that it worked already for Elementary School, we will see what happens. We are planing for September 8th.

14. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

Daniel started Aug 2, they get 2 weeks in Oct, 3 days at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 weeks in March and get out the end of May (sometime 1st week of June)

15. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Elementary school, 6th and 9th grade start on August 23rd. Everyone else starts on the next day.

16. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

Mine start next Tuesday the 17th, they got out June 10th....summer was short this year. They don't feel ready yet but I'm starting to. The biggest complaint is that the pools all close when school starts and it's SO HOT here.

17. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

We start August 30th. This summer felt so short since, because of all the snow days they were in school until June 15th.

18. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

we started the 11th of august and get out the 20th or so of May

19. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

We are starting Aug 30th. Can't wait.. We've had a great summer! Done lots of things.. but its time for them to go back. ;)

20. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

My kids go back Aug 18th, I go back tomorrow. Dh has three days of the kids before they go back to school.. that should be interesting! We got out June 4th, we had snow make up time but they had already made it up before school got out. (added 37 mins to each day for two weeks)