- advertisement -

So very touched..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Farrahmoe, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Farrahmoe

Farrahmoe Approved members

I must say, when I got all registered on and received all the kind welcoming words of encouragement it brought me to tears... I never really realized how alone I have felt for the last 3 1/2 yrs. I am so glad we all have this connecting point to share our life experiences while battling this God awful disease.. I spend most of the time focused on the here and now so I don't freak any of the kids out... But it is a very scary deal!!! Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome!!! And thank you Tammy for being so passionate and always available to share ideas and thoughts!! love you woman!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Glad you've joined us! I think I know exactly how you are feeling ;) it's like finding "your tribe" after a long time alone :cwds:

3. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

Hi Farrah. Emma was DX 8/2005, around the same time as you. You definitely aren't alone.

I must have missed you the first time around, but I send you a big welcome from my side of the planet!

4. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

That's one thing about being here - you're never ever alone with this disease. We're all right there with you. It's really brought so much normalcy to my life to know that thousands of other parents are doing the exact same things day and night, and to hear other parents talk about night testing, or highs at school etc - it just makes our life not seem like such a freak show. (which it sometimes seems like when we talk to non-D friends)

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

I really don't know what I'd do without CWD. I can't even express how grateful I am for all of you.

Welcome, Farrah. I'm so glad you found us.

6. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Ah girl... I love ya!!!

I am so glad you finally decided to join. What did Terry say about Friends for Life? Did ya show him yet?

7. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

I don't think I got around to welcoming you before, so, Welcome Farrah. I couldn't survive without this place. My son is very unique and I have gotten so much support here that it brings tears to my eyes sometimes.

8. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Ditto to all the above. Everyone asks if I am part of a support group and I always say yes - CWD - the best support I have found!

9. kyles_mom

kyles_mom Approved members

Hi Farrah. I was lucky enough to find this place while my son was hospitalized....I too am extremely grateful to all the board users. I have learned a tremendous amount in the short time that we've had D. I don't know what I would have done without everyone here.

Welcome aboard! Post as often as you like and/or need to. No one ever seems to get bored with all the questions ;)

(I know I never get bored reading them either!)

10. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Hi Farrah

Missed your first post but WELCOME!

I know what you mean about this place. It is a sanity saver!
    I only just said to my hubby yesterday that for the last 2 yrs I have been hounding him to join and participate. Now I realise that I don't want him to! Just as he has his shooting hobby, I have CWD and I don't want to share it!:D

Look forward to your wisdom

11. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi and welcome!

This place is great. Noone is really alone...wherever they are in the world:cwds:

12. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

Hi Farrah,

I missed your first post but wanted to again welcome you. Our son's are both named Ryan and have an animas pump. My Ryan is definitely our hero too.

You will find the best group of parents here and alot of great information.

Cindy

13. *Shannon

*Shannon Approved members

*group hug*

I used to be on 2Peas a lot (a scrapbooking forum), now I'm here. :)

I thought a few days ago how the people that hang out here a good deal must get tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over, but then I realized that's one of the reasons they are here.... to help.

I peeked here when Janie was first diagnosed, but must have still been in shock. I didn't realize what I had found. I didn't make it back until this past October. Now, like I mentioned above, I'm here a lot. :)

Welcome, Farrah.

14. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

You are NEVER alone here...

This has been my life line. I send thanks to Jeff everyday for starting this sight!

15. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I know exactly how you feel about CWD! I really feel like this is the only place where people "get it"..(it probably is) lol..Im grateful for this site everyday..If I didnt get the chance to welcome you ....Welcome to CWD!

16. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

It took me 1.5 yrs to find the forums, so I know exactly how you feel! Welcome!! :)

17. Mom2Meghan

Mom2Meghan Approved members

Farrah!!

I have been blessed to CWD since of Dx as well. This is a great place to get support and advice.

You aren't alone in fact I live in your area. I'm in Murfreesboro!

18. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I can't remember when I joined up here but I know it hasn't been a year yet, or has it? My son was dx'ed in 2003 and for the past 4 years I felt so alone, that was until I found this site..There is a lot of information here and everyone is so supportive. We all understand what the day to day life is like with a child with D..

I would be a lost soul without this site..

Oh and Welcome aboard!!

19. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Glad you're here!! We'll enjoy your experiences and expertise! I know that sometimes I just need to have someone get it - and we all do! That's the best part of this place, I think! (besides the awesome people we can meet all around the world!)