- advertisement -

So I feel like I need to go sit in the school parking lot...lol.. no really I do

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lgouldin, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

It sounds like you have a great nurse and the beginnings of a good system in place. ;)

It will take a few week, but I'll bet come some morning in late Sept or October you will realize that you have made all the necessary contingency plans and set in place all the needed protocol and you'll know that she's safe and well cared for and you will smile thinking back on how frantic you were today. :cwds:

2. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

Aw I remember that feeling just last year. We had either 12 or 13 days between post Dx release from the hospital and the first day of school. I drove my son to his first day of 5th grade, and kept my cool until he was safe in the class room. Then I walked down the crowded halls bawling like a 2 year old who lost her favorite dolly. It will get a little easier with each day that passes.:cwds:

3. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

Thank you all for understanding.....Everything went fine. She said she doesn't like middle school that it's confusing...but I'm sure she will get the hang of it.

She got to meet another D kid (while he was checking his bg for lunch)...1st time since dx. I think it made her feel better to see that she is not the only one.

I'm feeling a little better about day 2....I actually went to work today:)