- advertisement -

So How Were Your Thanksgiving BG's #?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by danielsmom, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

I ranged from 56-150
    I couldn't get myself out of the 70s till we ate I only bolused for the pumpkin roll at desert. I had ate turkey mashed potatoes and noodles and broccoli at dinner. At midnight I was 150. I haven't gone high yet.

2. mommabear

mommabear Approved members

Blake ran high all day, but b'g's were fair by bedtime..2am check was good..all in all not to bad.:cwds:

3. tiger7lady

tiger7lady Approved members

Yesterday was frustrating because the Dex sensor Vincent was wearing died Wed night and we had a replacement sensor coming today so I had to go without all day yesterday. He ran high high high all day long but thankfully we had beautiful numbers all night, 117 at midnight, 109 at 3AM, and 125 at breakfast this morning.

4. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

Her numbers ould have been better.

I had given her a new site on her tummy and her old site was on her leg under her jeans so she was going to have to go switch them the next time she went to the bathroom. Well that never happened and her numbers were high all day!!

UGH

5. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

You know I am finding this year we have the same issue as last year (last year was our first). That is that the numbers on the actual day of Thanksgiving are pretty decent, but the numbers for the days following,all these leftover eating days are TERRRIBLE! UGH!

6. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

It was my son's first full day on Apidra and we had beautiful numbers. I felt like we won the lottery:)

Oops, editing to say it was our second full day on Apidra...I lost a day there somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. jbmom1b2g

jbmom1b2g Approved members

My DD's have been TERRIBLE. I have been trying to keep them in check. I even changed her carb ratio to 1:20 and we are still seeing high #'s. Trace of ketons 1st ever. Calling endo tomorrow to see what else we need to switch up.
    Granted we did travel and so everything was thrown way off schedule.

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Danielle had a lot of fun visiting with her cousins and she enjoyed all the food that was served. Personally, that is what I like to focus on. Focusing on the numbers makes it feel like it is a report card or that diabetes is more important than the other things that go on during holidays.

I do understand the need for the OP's question and am not judging. Just giving a different perspective.

9. hrermgr

hrermgr Approved members

T's numbers overall were good...given that eating was the order of the day! She went high overnight but it's probably because I mis-counted the carbs on the second piece of gluten free pumpkin pie & ice cream!