- advertisement -

So...how is your Holiday shopping going?

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by Danielle2008, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

Any procrastinators like me out there?:eek:

I was finally able to get my nieces and nephews done last night. Last day to do standard shipping for the items to arrive by Christmas(I barely made it).

I got my two young nieces (3 and 4 1/2) Pucci Pup Pony dolls. They love stuff like this...and most things from me are 'horsey' related LOL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My brother and I are getting my other niece and nephew(7 and 9) a joint gift. Wii Outdoor Challenge. They really wanted it.

I ordered my mom this leather halter:

http://www.smartpakequine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=1624

with a personalized nameplate with her horses name, Charlie, on it.

Now I need to get my dad, brother and sister done(my older brother and sisters never want anything from me since they have kids). I need to go to the mall this weekend....

How is everyone elses shopping going? Anyone completely done?

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I've completely done. I finished off my list today. My mom, grandma and I all went in on a set of Bose noise-cancelling headphones for my dad. I got my mom a bottle of perume from Bath & Body Works, and I got my grandma a CD that she wanted. I'll probably get her something else small tomorrow.

3. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Major Procrastinator, I haven't gotten anything!:eek: I still need to get my mom, my dad, sister, 2 of my friends, and the school nurses gift. Gonna go to the mall hope that I can get everything!:eek:

4. diamondback688

What are you going to get for the school nurse?:D

5. dana.amp

dana.amp Approved members

I haven't even started; I guess i will go sunday

6. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I finished today!!!. I got my mom a nurses uniform, because she wears them to work and she loves them. I got my dad a long sleeved T-shirt and a new belt because he needed one. My brother wanted a tie and a walet (he wears ties to school) my 9 y/o niece I got a makeup kit and body wash and lotion. My 3 y/o nephew I got Incredible Hulk toys, my 2 y/o niece I got a kitchen set because she loves stuff like that.

7. Danielle2008

I am sure you are happy to be done, shopping always makes my head spin! Great gifts for everyone...had to look up those headphones, very nice!

Someone has some speed shopping ahead:p;)! Sounds like we will both be braving the mall with last minute shoppers this weekend.

Sunday should be a good day to go shopping, I think more people will be there tonight and Saturday.

Still trying to think of what to get my dad and brother in particular.

Am I the only one that finds guys hard to shop for?:confused:

8. Danielle2008

My older nephew used to love all the Incredible Hulk stuff. One year someone got him those big green fists that you use to punch things with...bad idea lol...he is pretty strong for his age, and they aren't that soft!

Sounds like you got great things for your entire family, very thoughtful things too.

9. misscaitp

Haven't quite figured it out, when I asked her she said that she already got the best Christmas gift, her son coming home from Iraq, and then she said that she would like for my numbers to be good. So I guess I have to work on that. But I'll probably give her either some candles, but she really likes ice tea and coffee so maybe a starbucks giftcard is in order. She's really cool though, doesn't mind taking away from her busy schedule for a vent. If anyone has any ideas PM me!

10. diamondback688

I'd go with the Starbucks giftcard. It's easy, and I don't know a woman out there that doesn't like coffee.

11. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

I'm done buying for people but soon I get to go shopping to pick stuff out cause I dont trust my grandma with buying things for me.

12. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

Major procrastinator here. I've got stuff for my bros and the neighbors. I have a few small things for my mom and nothing for my dad.

13. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I went with my friends on Wednesday, 'cause we had the day off school. I've only got my best friend left, and I'm going shopping again tomorrow so hopefully I'll find something for her..

14. misscaitp

Okay got a little caught up, got my dad's, sister, friends, just need my moms and the 3 nurses. So I'll downgrade myself to a Junior Procrastinator...:D

15. Danielle2008

LOL Cait, Junior Procrastinator it is!!

I got my entire family down on Saturday as well. Boy was the mall packed, it took forever to find a parking space(it was just luck of the draw being there when someone backed out)

The mall had great deals. I got my brother this Excalibur NFL Vibrating Football Game Set. It was 60% off from $100, and I had a coupon for another 10 dollars off...so it was a great deal. I also got him a few CD's.

I got my sister the J'adore Dior perfume(I called my brother, and he went in half). She has been talking about its commercial forever, and loved the smell.

I got my dad an Eddie Bauer snow hat thing(you know, the type that covers your ears).

Now I just have to go buy things for the horses and dogs(I am a nerd..I know). Just a special treat or something.

All I have to say is...thank goodness for Christmas bonus at work! LOL...