- advertisement -

So Furious!!!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KelliTwins, Oct 28, 2009.

1. KelliTwins

KelliTwins Approved members

Our state is so backwards that it makes me want to scream!!! :mad: The only way you can get an H1N1 vaccine right now is through the Health Department, or through the elementary schools. I have twin five year olds, one of whom has diabetes. You'd think he'd be a priority, but no. If you are a college student, you've already been vaccinated! Football player? Sure, we'll vaccinate you! Child with a compromised immune system? Sorry. Can't do. Where are our priorities??? The county health department is offering a clinic on the 6th. The only way you can go is if you are not enrolled in school. If you are enrolled in school, you have to wait until your school is vaccinated, even if that's December or January. What sense does that make? A teenager died a few days ago at our local high school from H1N1, and of course, they are being vaccinated on Monday. Most of them don't even fall into the highest risk group!!!! Don't get me wrong...my heart goes out to him and his family, but come on! So does a student have to die at my son's school in order for him to be vaccinated???? It makes me furious!:mad: I've contacted everyone I can think of...senators, congressmen, the governor, TV stations, newspapers, etc. I've also contacted lawyers. There is a vaccine available to keep my son safe, and he doesn't have access to it. Ugh! Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Dis-enroll your son, making him eligible for the shot. Tell them you're homeschooling. Then re-enroll him after he gets the vaccine. Oops, my bad, homeschooling didn't work out.

I would, but I'm a bit of a witch that way.

3. KelliTwins

You know, I seriously considered that! I wonder if it would work! :rolleyes:

4. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I checked back in to make sure you know that I may sound flip, but I really would do it. You get jerked around, you jerk back. Sometimes there isn't time for protocol.

5. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Kelli,

I asked this on another thread but nobody answered...have you contacted ADA or JDRF to see if they are doing anything to help with this situation?

6. KelliTwins

I didn't, but I will definitely do that! Thank you!