- advertisement -

Smaller pod & Animas Vibe

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by momof3sons, Sep 9, 2012.

1. momof3sons

momof3sons Approved members

Anyone have any real information on when they will be available in the U.S.?

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I don't think the Vibe has been submitted to the FDA yet, so who knows? A while.

The smaller pod is under FDA review. Rumors are of a late 2012/early 2013 release.

3. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I also heard that the Vibe hasn't been submitted to FDA either, as they are waiting for FDA approval with the Dex 4...as that is the sensor they have going with it.

On a side note, had my hands on the new Roche Accu Chek Combo Insulin Pump today...in love with it. It was FDA approved July 18th or 19th. I hope to trial it first of the year. Haven't heard much about this pump, but I really liked it from playing around with its functions today.

4. hawkeyegirl

The new Accu-Chek pump is very intriguing to me too. But Jack is adamant the he does not want to carry the Guardian around. :(

5. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

I can definitely understand Jack's reasoning! I am also up in the air as to what I really want to do with the CGMS...I would like to Trial the MM CGMS with the Revel next year, too. I am obviously a little more educated on CGMS then I was when I tried it in 09', and would like to see if I can get use to that system or not. I would be willing to stick it out with my Dex until the new Enlite comes to the US, too. Or...go with Animas and wait/hope for the integration with the dex soon...or go with a completely different pump, and just stick with the Dex. Decision, decisions.

From playing around with the Combo pump yesterday, though....I can see a lot of potential Animas users switching to that one(new diagnoses etc). You can do absolutely everything through the remote. The remote felt very sturdy as well, not cheap or flimsy. It wasn't huge, either. Also, I do love the fact it uses Aviva strips(well, Aviva Plus they called them). It also had a couple neat features in regards to bolusing. You can add 'events'(about to work out, menstrual, stress etc), and it will add or deduct insulin per your input. It also requires no 'dialing' just like the Minimed. If it says 4u, you select, and it delivers.

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I was the same, and decided to stick with MM and get the Veo. It's really nice to only have to carry one thing. I thought the Accu-Chek pump was really cool though; I was only swayed by the CGMS.

7. hawkeyegirl

Accu-chek says they are integrating with Dex, so maybe we'll check it out in 2020 when that actually happens! :rolleyes:

8. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Yeah, that was one of my other options. Altogether I like MM though and it would be an extra expense to buy the Dexcom, so I stuck with this. I'm pretty glad I did, as I'm liking the Veo a fair bit. I'm not sure how it compares to the Revel but I love the extra cgm features.

10. momof3sons

momof3sons Approved members

We upgraded the Animas and cut the cord with Omnipod so we will pay to upgrade whatever comes out first with a good integration.

11. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

We were supposed to have gotten our new pods in June. Our rep said that on a Fri they were scheduled to fly out for training on the following Tues but the FDA pulled the pod over ONE question on how their training process. REALLY? This is already in pt's homes overseas and it's NOT a brand new product. So.... the new anticipated date is now Dec. It sure would be a nice Christmas gift to us all... if it actually happens.