- advertisement -

small case for glucose tabs

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lorraine, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Lorraine

Lorraine Approved members

Does anyone know where to get a small case that will hold 2 or 4 glucose tablets so that my son can carry them in his pocket while he is at school?

We are keeping his PDM case in the nurses office which typically holds his glucose tablets and I'm looking for another way for him to carry his tabs that's not too bulky.

Lorraine

2. miss_behave

miss_behave Approved members

Do you guys have M&M minis that come in a tube in the US? They're a good size for a couple of tabs. Or a film canister. The Quick fix keychain is good too. http://www.quickfixkeychain.com/

[​IMG]

3. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

I realize that Tyler is older (bigger/taller), but he carries the tube of glucose tablets in his pocket when he rides his bike or is out and about without me, I think they hold around 10 tablets. They sell them at all the pharmacies.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I got some free ones from Reli on at a Animas party. It is blue and holds four glucose tablets. Don't know if they sell them but they should . You might could call Reli On. It also has a hook on it that it could hook to a belt loop or book bag. I can post pictures of you need.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  5. allisa

allisa Approved members

I tried to re-use the small glucose tab rolls...but I don't recommend it......they are made pretty cheaply and seem to fall apart.

I'd rather buy a big bulk of tabs and put them into something than rebuy the small roll over and over.....

So what I have found to be a perfect size and strong enough to be in a little boys pocket without cracking or breaking is a prescription pill bottle from any local pharmacy.

Obviously....they come in different sizes you may need to find the right fit....I have found the perfect one ( my daughter has a monthly prescription) so I use her empty bottles....they tabs fit perfectly in them and they are safe & secure, no cracking of weak cheap plastic so there is no crumbling & powdering of tabs. Just take any labels off so if they got lost or dropped in school no one would freak that there are prescription drugs rolling down the corridor.....

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Here is the Reli On 4 tablet glucose case

I got these free from an Animas rep . Should be available from Reli On but do not know.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  7. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

My mom had sent me some little tiny ziploc style bags that are intended for pills. She bought it at Walmart, I think. I can fit 4 glucose tabs into each one. I plan to give a bag to each of Alex's teachers, as well as have her carry one in her backpack.

8. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I have several of the quick fix keychains - it has been a lifesaver for me when he forgot his bag once and felt low before we got home to get it. You could easily change out the kind of clip so it would clip on a belt.

9. ROVERT81402

ROVERT81402 Approved members

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  10. BCot

BCot Approved members

The Accu-Chek Aviva test strip container works perfectly. Just run it through the dishwaher, take off the label and you are ready to go.

11. Aidan'sMom

Aidan'sMom Approved members

Yep, this is what we use if I just wanna stick a few in my pocket instead of carrying a whole roll of tabs!

12. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

Several companies have a vial that holds 10 tabs. I determined what size it should be to hold 4 tabs plus the lid and cut the tube down to size. This worked for years, until my son was larger.

13. Lorraine

Lorraine Approved members

Thanks all. I like the Reli-on one the best. Will look into that. I use the accu-check vial - I keep that in his pod case, but I find that too bulky for his pocket. Thanks for the suggestions.

Lorraine

14. mommyofAx4

mommyofAx4 Approved members

My dd has little cases to hold game boy or nintendo games afew will fit in there

15. robinseggs

robinseggs Approved members

If you host a Tupperware party (no I do not sell TW!!!) they have these little hostess gifts that are miniature replicas of some of their containers. They are for a keychain...but worked well too.

16. wilf

wilf Approved members

That's what we use too! I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the container is sized perfectly to hold half a dozen tabs.. :rolleyes:

17. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

I bought the reli on keychain at Walmart at the pharmacy counter :eek: