- advertisement -

Sleeping with a pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mape18, Apr 3, 2013.

1. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

You remove it for the duration, being disconnected for up to an hour doesn't really affect things. The pump my son uses (Animas) is actually fine in water, he swims in it a lot of the time, so you could keep it on, but there really is no reason to.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

For a tubed pump you disconnect - the omnipod just stays on and gets a wash :p

3. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Or if your kid likes to hang out soaking in the tub for hours, the Aquapack protects it. The tub is the only place the Aquapack hasn't gained slices.:(

4. Mom2CNC

Mom2CNC Approved members

I have a 7 yo daughter on the pump too- it will be a year next month. I asked the same question a year ago! Lots of good ideas here but you will just have to see what works for your son.

I did order the spibelt but she didn't like anything around her waist and felt it was cumbersome. She clips it to her underwear or pj bottom to sleep... has never complained once about it at nighttime. But she did wear the belt for dance class.

Me, on the other hand, lay it next to me in bed but I am such a flipper that it ends up under me from time to time. So every one is different. But you will figure it out!! Best wishes to your son, he will love being a pumper! My daughter says she would never go back:)

5. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

For a shower you have to unclip, but depending on what kind of pump you get, you might be able to take it in the bath.... The Animas ping is water proof=) I don't take baths a lot, but when I do it just sits on the side of the tub. Some times it has fallen in, but it's never been a problem