- advertisement -

Sleep Bolus?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Lee

Lee Approved members

Have your kids ever sleep bolused? For some reason, Coco went through the process of connecting and bolusing 85 carbs and then putting her pump back on her dresser. She has never sleepwalked before. I am just glad that I heard her being restless since she doesn't have her sensor on.

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

did you try "search", I swear I read of someone doing this on this board.

the thought of it scares me to death!

I can only imagine that she calculated carbs for her dream but acted out in real life?

3. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

85 carbs?? That's scary. Is there a way to lock the pump?

4. MelStan

MelStan Member

Eilish did that once (that I know of) Becky. And do you know I can't remember the details now. I'll have to look at my old posts. Yes..very scary!

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I know if my daughter was to do this, she would unlock the pump. Main reason it's part of the whole process she always goes through, remove from pouch, unlock, bolus...
    I do remember a thread about this topic from a while back.

So scary and glad Coco is OK!

6. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

Emma posted about doing it once.

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

Well, we made it through the night unscathed. She said she was dreaming of eating wedding cake and decided she better bolus for it. I wish she would remember to bolus like that when she ACTUALLY eats cake!:eek:

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

:D
    Gotta love it!

9. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

It never quits, this D rubbish :mad: Even creeps into dreams...

Glad she's ok :cwds: So scary.

10. Ali

Ali Approved members

Scary! Sorry. Could you keep the pump in your room at night or in a locked nightstand in hers? I set my Max bolus amount to only a few units. I do have to over ride during the day but I do worry about that half asleep or wrong numbers put in bolus and this makes me at least have to go through a few more steps to bolus very much insulin. I have pushed buttons in a bad way on occasion during the night so I took this step. Ali

11. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I did this once. I dreamt that my blood sugar was 500 or some other crazy number. I started programming the bolus in my pump when I woke up enough to realize a blood sugar that high was quite unlikely. I was confused for awhile and looked back through my meter to see if I had tested. I hadn't, so I did, and I was not nearly that high. It scared me and I locked the keypad on my pump at night for quite sometime, but nothing like it ever happened again.