- advertisement -

Skin discoloration?

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Nov 5, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Hey all,

I have a question. My mom and I have noticed that I have this skin discoloration on my neck, right about where my thyroid is. It kind of looks like a faded bruise, and it's been there for about a week. Anybody know what this could possibly be? It's not sore to the touch, so that makes me think it's not really a bruise. I just got over a small cold, but somehow I don't think it has anything to do with that. Any ideas? Is it D related? :confused:

Thanks guys. :cwds:

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Hmmm...I really don't know. I have hypothyroidism, and I don't remember that happening. Maybe a sign of hyperthyroid? Maybe someone else with thyroid problems can help. I was just sleepy allllll the time, even with normal bg's. Maybe try the parent's board? I think some of them have them have thyroid problems too.

--Emily

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Had hyperthyroidism with rashes, but it wasn't specific to the neck- I mostly had thyroid related rashes on my back and on my ears.

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I don't have any ideas. I would just say call your doctor. They will be able to do the most for you.

5. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

hmmmm....alrighty. Thanks for the input guys. :)