- advertisement -

Skin adhesive remover

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Someone had suggested the Niltac products which sounds great, however they are a UK based co, so shipping is pricey. I was wondering if there is any other adhesive removers that people like. We currently use Unisolve, and it's good, just not great.

I'm going to contact Niltac for a sample, figure if it is really good, I can always buy a stash:)

2. bradclark

bradclark Approved members

We've had great luck with Torbot TacAway. We also use their Skin Tac product to help infusion sites stay on during the summer months.

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

Unisolve works fine for us but I find I have to leave it on there for a minute or two. I use the pads and wipe down his site then let it stay while I change his set.

I've only tried the pads and not any that comes in a bottle.

Torbot makes a remover called "tac-away" - they are the makers of Skin Tac. I wonder if that would work better?

4. Gsmama

Gsmama Approved members

We use medisol adhesive remover on our POD, and have recently switched to Skin So Soft from Avon and my son says that works just as well (and smells better too). We spray and leave it on for a bit. We don't pull right away.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I'll look into that. I loved on the other product that it came as a spray.
    However, the pads are great. The girls had tattoos on their faces from the football game (Go UCONN!) and they were such a good quality it was impossible to get off. Out comes the Unisolve and it was gone in a flash!

6. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

We also use unisolve, and as Carol said, w leave it on while putting in the new site, and then take out the old after.